Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Iron Heart Products - What do you think we should make?  (Read 165552 times)

Offline UnTucked

• Mod Squad
  • UnTucked Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Heart Products - What do you think we should make?
« Reply #6615 on: June 12, 2017, 11:23:25 AM »
Any word on the hunt for chambray shirting fabrics?
"the pRoDigal sOn"

Offline Jordonf9

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: June 14, 2017, 04:16:14 AM »
Even though it would be a small percentage who might feel the same and the collaboration would be with a company who doesn't do handmade anything....I was thinking today how much I'd kill for a pair of these in IH 21 or 21 of instead of the denim currently on these sneakers :)
"IMG_20170613_231318-01-864x1152.jpeg"

Offline Jordonf9

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: June 14, 2017, 06:22:25 AM »
Irish golf hat.....BOOOOOM!!!! Herringbone, duck and Overdyed version would be epic

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
Iron Heart Products - What do you think we should make?
« Reply #6618 on: June 14, 2017, 11:15:14 AM »
Heavy duty underwear.

Not sure how serious this is but one of the first things I posted on this thread after I joined about three years ago was a request for an A-Shirt/Tank Top/Singlet (AUS)/Vest (UK). I got some support but a lot of flak and a little teasing  ;) It actually lead to a brief discussion around what an IH product was and why we bought them. Some people felt such a product would devalue the brand, I felt it fit right in. At the end of the day @Giles said no  :D

Now, a few years later IH have made socks, polo shirts, branded towels and we have blankets, pastel tee's and and matching jogging pants and sweatshirts in the pipeline. Personally I feel none of these items "cheapen the brand" and own many of them. The socks are the best quality standard work sock I have ever owned. I swear to god they are indestructible. The polo shirts are typical IH quality in terms of material, cut and construction. I had one taken in and my seamstress was amazed (again) at the quality of the gear.

So given that the brand is in development and that what an Iron Heart product "is", is a dynamic concept; given that if H-san designs something it's pretty much going to be the best bit of kit it can be, I think you all need to make the bloody tank tops now.

For the sake of clarity, I'm thinking an A-shirt/tank top in a standard utilitarian, military design with scooped neck line but smallish armholes and close fitting. Make them out of the henley waffle knit. Make them out of any existing tee materials. Go the whole hog and develop a new material to make them out of. I don't care, just make them.

I would buy the absolute shit out of them. I wear tank tops regularly as undershirts with my IH shirting, but also for working in and lounging about in. They are the only staple part of my wardrobe (with the exception of my underpants) that I cannot source through Iron Heart. I generally end up buying them cheaply, each year from high street stores I'd rather not mention the name of, whose practices I despise and I fucking hate that.

Thanks in advance  ;D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 03:31:45 PM by neph93 »

Offline DrBabyhorse

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: June 14, 2017, 02:43:32 PM »
Heavy duty underwear.

Not sure how serious this is but one of the first things I posted on this thread after I joined about three years ago was a request for an A-Shirt/Tank Top/Singlet (AUS)/Vest (UK). I got some support but a lot of flak and a little teasing  ;) It actually lead to a brief discussion around what an IH product was and why we bought them. Some people felt such a product would devalue the brand, I felt it fit right in. At the end of the day @Giles said no  :D

Now, a few years later IH have made socks, polo shirts, branded towels and we have blankets, pastel tee's and and matching jogging pants and sweatshirts in the pipeline. Personally I feel none of these items "cheapen the brand" and own many of them. The socks are the best quality standard work sock I have ever owned. I swear to god they are indestructible. The polo shirts are typical IH quality in terms of material, cut and construction. I had one taken in and my seamstress was amazed (again) at the quality of the gear.

So given that the brand is in development and that what an Iron Heart product "is", is a dynamic concept; given that if H-san designs something it's pretty much going to be the best bit of kit it can be, I think you all need to make the bloody tank tops now.

For the sake of clarity, I'm thinking an A-shirt/tank top in a standard utilitarian, military design with scooped neck line but smallish armholes and close fitting. Make them out of the henley waffle knit. Make them out of any existing tee materials. Go the whole hog and develop a new material to make them out of. I don't care, just make them.

I would buy the absolute shit out of them. I wear tank tops regularly as undershirts with my IH shirting, but also for working in and as lounging about in. They are the only staple part of my wardrobe (with the exception of my underpants) that I cannot source through Iron Heart. I generally end up buying them cheaply, each year from high street stores I'd rather not mention the name of, whose practices I despise and I fucking hate that.

Thanks in advance  ;D

I don't wear them, but I definitely think there is a market for them... plus what's more biker than that?

And I was serious about the underwear. Briefs, banana hammocks, doesn't matter. I'd buy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline UnTucked

• Mod Squad
  • UnTucked Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: June 14, 2017, 03:24:23 PM »
Heavy duty underwear.

I would buy the absolute shit out of them. I wear tank tops regularly as undershirts with my IH shirting, but also for working in and as lounging about in. They are the only staple part of my wardrobe (with the exception of my underpants) that I cannot source through Iron Heart. I generally end up buying them cheaply, each year from high street stores I'd rather not mention the name of, whose practices I despise and I fucking hate that.

Thanks in advance  ;D

I too suggested a-shirts when I first got here, and got the "Don't both pushing... Others before you have tried... It's futile" sort of response. But, definitely if IH can make heather red sweat suits, a-shirts can't be too far away down the pipeline, lol
"the pRoDigal sOn"

Offline gaseousclay

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: June 14, 2017, 10:06:04 PM »
believe it or not, I had a dream lastnite that IH offered up denim with shovel head back pockets, kinda like what Ande Whall offered with his jeans and what you'd typically see on Lee jeans.  8)
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue and green)
IHSH-107 red size L
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-86 green size XL
633S-OD size 33

Offline gaseousclay

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: June 14, 2017, 10:09:01 PM »

And I was serious about the underwear. Briefs, banana hammocks, doesn't matter. I'd buy them.

25oz heavy denim banana hammock. can't imagine how painful the chafing would be
WTB:
IHSH-107 red size L
IHSH-86 green size XL
633S-OD size 33

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: June 15, 2017, 10:50:29 AM »
plus what's more biker than that?

I know, right? It's also a staple of American workwear and has some cultural cache as well (Marlon Brando).

For sure, me too.

Offline Cutlasshound

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: June 19, 2017, 07:22:20 AM »
Tshirt with this print....... Tetsu-San I take it? Such beautiful technique

I ain't got time to bleed.

Offline Cutlasshound

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: June 19, 2017, 07:22:50 AM »
Obviously with something else in place of the HD!

I ain't got time to bleed.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: June 20, 2017, 05:24:56 PM »
Hey @Giles  I know you are constantly bombarded with ideas in this thread so I apologize for this but I have another one....

One of my favorite summer shirts is the WWII USMC Service shirt. It's a super lightweight breathable cotton with two big pockets on the front. I've often wished I had an updated version that doesn't have to be worn with high waisted pants.  I think Haraki San could really do something great with one of these. I have a couple and if there's any interest I'd be happy to send one to you to examine. 

Missed this, sorry.  Don't think H will go for the "go large" pockets.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline riffblaster general

• 啓蒙家
  • stay on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: June 21, 2017, 12:23:03 AM »
Hey @Giles  I know you are constantly bombarded with ideas in this thread so I apologize for this but I have another one....

One of my favorite summer shirts is the WWII USMC Service shirt. It's a super lightweight breathable cotton with two big pockets on the front. I've often wished I had an updated version that doesn't have to be worn with high waisted pants.  I think Haraki San could really do something great with one of these. I have a couple and if there's any interest I'd be happy to send one to you to examine. 

Missed this, sorry.  Don't think H will go for the "go large" pockets.....

Yeah, it definitely doesn't feel like his aesthetic.  Figured it couldn't hurt to ask though.
PUT DOWN THAT STARBUCKS, PICK UP THAT GNARBUCKS!!

Offline Jordonf9

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: June 21, 2017, 08:16:33 PM »
Almost any fabric in a cut off sleeve. I hate tank tops mostly for the look and cut of them. I love taking old or non used tees and making them into shop rags or sleeveless shirts. Keep me way cooler in the hot summer days
"IMG_20170621_151044-01-758x893.jpeg"

A lightweight cotton would be nice. Maybe an expensive fabric but good breathability would be chambray or linen. Though the cost and not sure how they would look compared to the traditional cotton shirt....just my thoughts.

Offline gaseousclay

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: June 23, 2017, 08:40:04 PM »
does IH ever bring back previous runs of an item that is no longer available? Or, does IH strive for delivering unique fabrics every season? I'd love to get my grubby mitts on a black 107 UHF Western but those are long gone.
WTB:
IHSH-107 red size L
IHSH-86 green size XL
633S-OD size 33