See product in shop
Hi, Guest

Author Topic: TWSH-08 - Unbrushed Outer/Double Brushed Reverse Medium Weight Check Work Shirt  (Read 15800 times)

Offline Finn666

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
damn wade, you really got me lusting for that 24-70mm 2.8...brilliant quality in the pic and the outfit/fit o/course ;)
well done mate.

Offline Snowy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
    • Iron Heart
Thanks vurbul. Finn, appreciate the pic quality comments as well as the fit :). It's an amazing lens, very enjoyable to shoot with. I'm really digging TWSH t's for work-wear, which is what they were designed for :).

Offline Qinhan

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
The 08 looks great on you Snowy.  I'm surprised that the arm length looks good too.  The super short arm length on the size small was what put me off this shirt initially. 
Wanted to Buy:
IHSH-20 Red (Small).
IHSH-11 Blue (Small).

Offline Snowy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
    • Iron Heart
Thanks Qinhan, feels lush too (double brushed :-* ). It's almost identical length in the arms than as my reference IH shirts (62 and 33). I was mostly concerned about should/body measurements, but it's come through 'spot on'

Offline vurbul

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
Snowy, how do you compare this to the TWSH-09? Thickness almost similar?

Which one you think is more comfortable in a hot weather?

Offline Snowy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
    • Iron Heart
Hi vurbul, TWSH-08 would be more comfortable in hot weather, it's about 1/3 thinner than TWSH-09.

Offline vurbul

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
Thanks Snowy. I have the 08 and its doable in humid climate and was thinking of getting the 09 but maybe not.

Offline Snowy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
    • Iron Heart
Out at dinner the other night;

great shirt.

Offline rocket

• Mod Squad
  • Team Humbug
    • View Profile
nice pic...
rocketrocksrox 🤙🏼🤙🏾

It's all humbug, like everywhere
R.I.P. Geo

Offline SeruRitchi

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
First time buyer (and some time lurker) here.

I recently nabbed possibly the last size S in blue as my first Works inc. purchase, having missed out on the green IHSH-72. TWSH-08 was the best shirt I have ever owned (until I got my mitts on one of the significantly thicker TWSH-09).

The fabric on the outside feels rugged and slightly coarse (in a good way) but started to soften up after very little wear. The quality of construction and fabric is exactly what I had hoped for.

In case this is of interest to anyone who might be looking for a used size S (not mine unless I accidentally shrink it) - measurements taken the Iron Heart way:

Edit: the shoulders have stretched from 16.25" to 16.7" after a cold/delicate wash and wearing the shirt damp for a short while.

S (website)   My TWSH-08 size S
Shoulders:       16.5"            16.7"
Length:            27.6"            27.4"
Chest (P2P):     20.9"            21.0"
Waist:              19.7"           19.75"
Opening:          20.1"            19.3" (top of gusset across to other)
Arms:              23.6"            24.0"
Forearms:                            Close (my forearm circumference is 10.8", 27.4 cm)
Cuff:                                   8.75" (circumference of the opening when buttoned)
Collar size:                          16"

I prefer the shoulder, chest and arm measurements of the medium size, but the length, waist and opening measurements of the small. It is a slightly snug fit on my 38-39" chest worn with just a t-shirt underneath, but still comfortable. The collar size seems generous and I definitely would not want it any larger.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 02:39:08 pm by SeruRitchi »

Offline veloaudio

• 啓蒙家
  • Less is More
    • View Profile
Scored a Large Blue from Tuckshop this week. Cooler weather can't get here fast enough.

Offline UrbanRover

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
Is this a generously sized shirt or true to size? I have a Filson moleskin shirt that is a SMALL but it measures  at 21.5 pit2pit arms 24.5, length 29. And it's a lil fluffy on me. I am thinking I may be a MEDIUM in IH TWSH-08. I have broad shoulders tho and am weightlifting pretty heavy weights so I will be growing a bit but I don't want a loose fit with long arms.

ADVICE?

Grazie!

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
Go with a size M...

Offline UrbanRover

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
Second piece of advice: don't listen to me... Ever... But, going by measurements, knowing you're pumping iron, and that the shirt might shrink a little after a couple of washed, I'd do a size M...