Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Soak advice  (Read 231 times)

Offline andykllhr

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
Soak advice
« on: July 13, 2019, 10:51:23 am »
Morning all, I've just bought my first pair of IH Jeans, 21oz slim fit: https://www.ironheart.co.uk/bottoms/ih-666s-21.html

They arrived yesterday and I'm keen to get started with them, however, what's everyone's advice on soaking?
They fit quite tight now, but after a soak will they shrink? Or should I wear until they've stretched and then soak?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
Soak advice
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 11:17:32 am »

@andykllhr congrats on the purchase. A classic cut and the flagship denim. Great place to start.

They won’t shrink at all. They are fully sanforised and will only stretch out with wear. With the 21oz a tight starting fit is a good thing. No need to soak/wash until they are dirty or you want them to return to starting size (after which they will stretch out again with wear).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 12:44:21 pm by neph93 »

Offline andykllhr

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
Re: Soak advice
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 01:23:44 pm »
Excellent, thanks for the advice, looking forward to getting those great fades started

Offline andykllhr

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 09:25:54 pm »
First wear today, nowhere near breaking in lol. O my ever had 12.5oz selvedge before, these are gonna be much more worthwhile

Offline Stuart.T

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 10:42:29 am »
@andykllhr Hi Andy, welcome, and as @neph93 has said, the 21oz is flagship stuff. Until about 4 years ago I'd only really had 12oz selvedge denim. 21oz gets buttery soft with actually very little wear.

It is all subjective. I usually give mine a warm water soak, for about 45 mins, just to soften things up ahead of my first wear. From then on I just wear and wash, 30 degrees, on a 1 hour cycle and 600 spin, hanger dry.

The internet is so full of 'look at me' vloggers that it can be overwhelming. Take very little notice unless they are from a reputable source, such as Iron Heart obviously! I guarantee it won't be long before you add to the collection!

Offline andykllhr

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 11:11:48 am »
Thanks mate, yeah, I emailed IH direct and got the below response which I'm more than happy with, great customer service and really nice guys to boot