Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Where does everyone live?  (Read 284273 times)

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
Re: Where does everyone live?
« Reply #2610 on: July 02, 2019, 06:11:03 pm »
@flooded Not to extend off-topic too far, but there usually seems to be a trade-off in character versus durability on denim (not including the use of intentionally degrading elements like cotton constructional yarns in many Japanese brands).

I think that IH's vintage 18oz denim balances the two perfectly, the denim itself being tough but with lots of character, and then the overbuilt construction with hefty polycotton constructional yarns completing their hard-wearing durability.
Think it, be it.

Offline inboil

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: July 02, 2019, 11:11:56 pm »
this seems like the active intro thread so lemme just come in and say hello! my name is nick and i live in salt lake city, utah by way of santa fe, nm. i used to be very into raw denim and leather boots, but through that got into visvim and other designer clothes. now i am coming full circle and getting back into jawnz, starting with the brand i always wanted to try, iron heart. gotta say, one wear in and i think i'm sold.

salt lake city is gorgeous, every time i get frustrated by our politics, i look outside at the mountains and remember what brought me here to begin with. if anyone else is nearby, hit me up and we'll get lunch!

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: July 03, 2019, 05:48:17 am »
Some great intro’s these days. Welcome @inboil . Feel free to post some of that lovely Utah scenery.

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: July 03, 2019, 05:49:26 pm »
this seems like the active intro thread so lemme just come in and say hello! my name is nick and i live in salt lake city, utah by way of santa fe, nm. i used to be very into raw denim and leather boots, but through that got into visvim and other designer clothes. now i am coming full circle and getting back into jawnz, starting with the brand i always wanted to try, iron heart. gotta say, one wear in and i think i'm sold.

salt lake city is gorgeous, every time i get frustrated by our politics, i look outside at the mountains and remember what brought me here to begin with. if anyone else is nearby, hit me up and we'll get lunch!

Welcome!

Beautiful city--my wife is heading there soon to do an event for a German car company, and I have met some great folks there, which tempted me to tag along and hang with them. Utah is a gorgeous state and I'd like to add to my list of places visited (SLC, Park City, Deer Valley, Moab).

I have yet to visit Santa Fe, but it is on our list--closest I've been was lovely Taos, which we loved.
Think it, be it.

Offline andykllhr

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: July 14, 2019, 07:10:28 am »
Morning all, I hail from Portsmouth UK, first pair of IH Jeans, definitely won't be my last. Already had some great advice about my new 21oz 666 fit jeans, I look forward to asking lots of questions as my IH collection increases

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: July 14, 2019, 11:44:52 am »
Andy, if you have not visited us over the water, you should do.  Also, pop this in your calendar.....

https://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=12553.0
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline andykllhr

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: July 14, 2019, 12:16:02 pm »
Andy, if you have not visited us over the water, you should do.  Also, pop this in your calendar.....

https://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=12553.0
Sounds like a plan, I'll be there, thank you very much

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline Alex_24

• Haraki-san Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: July 15, 2019, 09:12:27 am »
Hi All!

My name is Alex. I’m originally from Washington, DC but have lived in Berlin for over six years now 🇩🇸

I bought my first pair of Iron Heart jeans, IH-634S-B overdyed, at the beginning of the year and was sold right away—best jeans I’ve ever had.
I’ve purchased a few more items since then and have become quite the fan of Iron Heart, especially now since there’s more 4XL sizes available.

...looking forward to the 4XL UHFs coming out in the fall.

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: July 15, 2019, 09:42:18 am »
Welcome Alex.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Online Alex

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: July 15, 2019, 09:50:39 am »
@Alex_24 good to see you here, was great to meet you and the family in Berlin recently!

Offline Alex_24

• Haraki-san Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: July 15, 2019, 10:05:04 am »
@Alex_24 good to see you here, was great to meet you and the family in Berlin recently!
Thanks! It was great to meet you guys as well. It was a fun event.
The weather’s cooled off since then, so it’s a bit more comfortable now.

I was thinking about making the trip over for the party in September, so I may join in the convo on that thread. I assume the quickest way to get to Gosport from Berlin is a flight to London and then the train, right?

Online Alex

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: July 15, 2019, 10:10:14 am »
Correct, fly to Gatwick for the easiest train/coach down here (Portsmouth Harbour) then a ferry to Gosport (2.5 minutes)

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: July 15, 2019, 10:20:46 am »
And bring either loads of cash or a massive amount of self-restraint   :) :) :)

Offline Alex_24

• Haraki-san Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: July 15, 2019, 10:38:05 am »
And bring either loads of cash or a massive amount of self-restraint   :) :) :)
Awesome, ok.  ...not sure what I did with my self-restraint. I lost it somewhere long ago, so I’ll guess I’ll just have to bring cash

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: July 15, 2019, 11:43:25 am »
Think of us as enablers Alex  8) :o