Hi, Guest

Author Topic: IHVB-05 - The Wild Ones - Iron Heart/Viberg Engineer Boot Collaboration  (Read 77740 times)

Offline ColdStorage

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
Re: IHVB-05 - The Wild Ones - Iron Heart/Viberg Engineer Boot Collaboration
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 02:29:57 pm »
Thanks. As soon as I can commit to a color ill kick in my deposit.

Offline wolfblood

• Haraki-san Student
  • "ain't no god or ghost gonna save you now"
    • View Profile
    • WTF title?
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2013, 02:36:56 pm »
My wife is going to kill me...

Should I size these the same as my IHVB-04-B-O-T (the recent IH/Viberg Mocha Ice service boot)?
i ordered these the same size as my service boots, i'll let you in on a little trick in handling pissed off wives(it's expensive) order something for her that will come in the same delivery
"I was never one of you." Arthur Rimbaud

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2013, 03:16:30 pm »
I take the same size in the service boots as the wild ones.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Spring Son of Light

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2013, 04:38:02 pm »
Just to add the the chorus of questions about sizing: I wear a size 11 US in Chippewa boots, though I'm often 11.5 or 12 in shoes (i.e. alden, sneakers). Seems like from what people say Viberg run a bit big? So an 11 US would translate to 10 UK in these? Just curious to hear other people's experiences..

Never thought I'd spend this much on boots but eff me in the A man these are the sex! I don't even ride motorcycles...

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2013, 05:12:11 pm »
Viberg are sized in UK sizes.  Old man Viberg learnt his craft in England, which is probably why Viberg are so good. I'm being serious here, there is probably not a better pair of shoes or boots to be bought anywhere than a pair of English bench made boots, or shoes, and apart from being made in Canada, that is what you are getting when you buy Viberg.

UK and US sizes are different.

I size down 1/2 a size when going from US to UK...

More info here:

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3778.0

"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Joule

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2013, 05:40:05 pm »
Perhaps someone has experience to compare the John Lofgren engineer and the Viberg 2005 last sizing?

I had a size 12 John Lofgren engineer, which was one of only two that he made (Matt at Rivet Head blog needed a 12 and John made me a pair too).  These were very tight at first and did loosen up, but any walk over a 1/2 mile and I'd get a blister along the side of my big toe.  Very nice boot, but I sold them this spring the get 'the one' boot with looks AND fit me.  I do have cheap pair for Chippewa engineers in US 13 that fit reasonably well and I can wear those with thick or thin socks by adjusting the strap if that helps any.

Does a John Lofgren size 12 = Viberg size 12?   The Lofgren size 12 was definitely too small.  I am thinking a Viberg size 13 this point.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:22:16 pm by Joule »
山形県の英語教師

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2013, 03:40:20 am »
Perhaps someone has experience to compare the John Lofgren engineer and the Viberg 2005 last sizing?

I had a size 12 John Lofgren engineer, which was one of only two that he made (Matt at Rivet Head blog needed a 12 and John made me a pair too).  These were very tight at first and did loosen up, but any walk over a 1/2 mile and I'd get a blister along the side of my big toe.  Very nice boot, but I sold them this spring the get 'the one' boot with looks AND fit me.  I do have cheap pair for Chippewa engineers in US 13 that fit reasonably well and I can wear those with thick or thin socks by adjusting the strap if that helps any.

Does a John Lofgren size 12 = Viberg size 12?   The Lofgren size 12 was definitely too small.  I am thinking a Viberg size 13 this point.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

So if you're a 13 in Chippewa you're a 12 in Viberg?

Anyone else here own Chippewas and Vibergs? I'm an 11 in chippewa, though I'm usually an 11.5 in US shoes. I went down a half size since the Chippewas ran a bit big. I am agonizing a bit over figuring out the proper UK size. Anyone know of any home methods that actually work?

Offline Joule

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2013, 04:01:38 am »
No, I don't own any Viberg(yet)...but know my size 12 Lofgren was too small.
山形県の英語教師

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2013, 07:00:38 am »
Ahh ok. So you would probably take G's advice and go a half size down to 12.5 for the Vibergs.

Offline samnz

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2013, 01:50:58 am »
Im trying to decide between the D and the EE, I'm fairly confident the UK12 is good for length. Just got some wolverines in a 13D which is good for length but could be ever so slightly wider. Any actual width measurements or advice on these yet?

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2013, 10:14:31 am »
Nothing yet I am afraid.  However PM jordan23, he has tried the samoples on and thus is in the best position to comment...

Offline Finn666

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2013, 10:35:44 am »
Nothing yet I am afraid.  However PM jordan23, he has tried the samples on and thus is in the best position to comment...
when did that happen? :-X

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2013, 10:36:05 am »
Ask him

Offline Finn666

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2013, 10:44:55 am »
def. will... ;)

Offline samnz

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2013, 12:05:35 am »
Based on the Vibram size chart you posted i decided to size up a half size to the 12.5D, I think that will be a better option then going for the 12EE, I look forward to them in the flesh.