Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Guns.  (Read 22432 times)

Offline DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Re: Guns.
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2014, 10:07:29 pm »
If I ever buy another handgun, it'll be this one: Lionheart LH9N with the Novak sights

But right now, I'm probably going to get a Mossberg 500 Home Defense, put on a Big Dot bead sight, Elite Tactical Advantage safety, Surefire forend, Hogue 12" LOP stock with a Limbsaver recoil pad. No side saddle to save one weight. I want it lightweight and ambidextrous for Jody (she's a lefty)

Forgot to mention in my previous post, all my long guns have a BlueForceGear Kryptek Typhon 2-to-1 sling. The rifles are set up for two point, the shotgun is a one point sling around the grip
I know violence is not the answer, I got it wrong on purpose

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2014, 10:43:20 pm »
I love all the technical shit, but boy am I glad I live in UK.  My Spud Gun is considered extreme here.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline rocket

• Mod Squad
  • Team Humbug
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2014, 10:47:57 pm »
yeah, I was thinking something along these lines...
rocketrocksrox 🤙🏼🤙🏾

It's all humbug, like everywhere
R.I.P. Geo

Offline Megatron1505

• Mod Squad
  • HC-IH-01 HWB-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2014, 11:05:31 pm »
I would love to handle some of this weaponry and do some range shooting, but yeh....
Made in England, clothed in Japan, fed in America and drunk in Belgium !

Offline sabergirl

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2014, 11:26:22 pm »
Even though I'm a yank, I'm with you guys, 100%.

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2014, 11:53:03 pm »
Oh, I know which ones you're talking about. They're like Straight 8's

After using the Big Dot's for awhile, I can't go back to anything with a notch. On quick draws or shooting while moving, I can lose sight of my front sight behind the panels and it irritates me

Not trying to convert, just sharing what works for me

Almost exactly like straight 8s.
Yeah, I actually considered that when I was shopping and thought the BD seemed like the best option in tactical terms. It's kind of a common sense design.

My sights assume that you're going to be somewhat target-acquired right away (as do the Glock factory sights, which I'm OK with), and while that may be the case for some, I'm not positive yet if that's how I am. I think I usually frame it up somewhat within the "U" because I consistently lock out my arm and just point where I want to shoot but we will see after some drills.

So I think you're right, but I'll see how I feel with these.
Think it, be it.

Offline DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2014, 11:56:16 pm »
Please follow up with your thoughts

I use a similar stance as you, squared off, arms locked out. Shooting on the move or even unholstering fast can mess up my sight picture with notched sights

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2014, 11:58:55 pm »
Yep will do. I need to find a place I can do moving drills but what you're saying about notches actually struck me during the shopping process and makes a lot of sense.
Think it, be it.

Offline DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2014, 12:42:37 am »
Yep will do. I need to find a place I can do moving drills but what you're saying about notches actually struck me during the shopping process and makes a lot of sense.

Most police departments use outdoor ranges to practice drills on the move. If you can find out which one they use that's a good start. Or you can take a defensive shooting course

Offline TheHappyHatter

• The Unwoven
  • ^ This is the cost of your fancy top hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2014, 01:34:39 am »

Offline Snowy

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
    • Iron Heart
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2014, 12:04:30 pm »
yeah, I was thinking something along these lines...
Down this way we can't even get knifes into the country. It's all about the biggest spoon here.

Offline Megatron1505

• Mod Squad
  • HC-IH-01 HWB-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2014, 12:08:19 pm »
See the pocket dump thread @Snowy , I think that @TheHappyHatter has you covered.
Made in England, clothed in Japan, fed in America and drunk in Belgium !

Offline MP

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2014, 12:17:56 pm »
Snowy, if you join a range and shoot a few comps a year you can legally get just about any pistols you want in Australia, but you'll pay through the nose for the privilege compared to our American cousins.  It's all about having a valid reason (i.e. competition shooting therefore you need a handgun), so with the right licence it might actually be easier to get a handgun than a knife!

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2014, 12:51:41 pm »
It's all about the biggest spoon here.

Offline louisbosco

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2014, 04:18:18 pm »
i'm trying so hard to keep up with all the technical stuff. considering that 2 countries i live in don't have much gun freedom or none at all. the only few guns are rifles i've ever used are in the army and this is one of my favourite.

the m110 semi auto sniper. really love the sighting accuracy and firepower of this. better than the previous steyr ssg 69. really miss the feel of live firing.

"Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."
- Harvey Specter