Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Guns.  (Read 21163 times)

Offline Chris

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Guns.
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2015, 02:30:12 pm »
For shooting.  Generally irrelevant otherwise.  Even for shooting, it's not a serious issue, since I've gone shooting maybe a half dozen times in the last twenty years.  My overall inexperience/incompetence is a greater drawback.

Offline TheHappyHatter

• The Unwoven
  • ^ This is the cost of your fancy top hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2015, 11:38:53 pm »
I’m always cross-eyed. It’s just an advantage of being a hatter and an ironheart forum member.

Meanwhile in America...

Offline Sheepdog149

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2015, 11:31:36 am »
On-duty -- Glock 21 GEN 4
Off-duty -- Glock 19 GEN 4

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Online DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2015, 08:32:00 pm »
She might be small, but she shoots great, very easy to conceal and comfy!

I never carry with the extended clip.

Jealous of some of the equipment I seen on here, haha.

How's that Stealthgear holster working out for you? I just got one

And it's a magazine, not a clip (had to throw that in there)
I know violence is not the answer, I got it wrong on purpose

Offline brentkuz

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2015, 10:39:15 pm »
Glock 27 with pinky extension

Also a springfield xdm 3.8 45acp with a crossbreed kinda big for the summer so I've been carrying the glock more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rio

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2018, 01:01:51 pm »
Springfield 1300 shotgun
FNH police tactical shotgun
Stage coach shotgun bounty hunter II
Deerfield carbine Ruger
among a few of the one's i owe, no handguns , in ny is really not worth it to own one.
my baby
"IMG_3212.JPG"

Online DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2018, 01:23:06 pm »
Got a picture of the Ruger carbine? What caliber is it chambered in?

Offline rio

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2018, 04:30:04 pm »
Got a picture of the Ruger carbine? What caliber is it chambered in?
@DougNg  .44 caliber , here’s a quick pic."902AC37A-FF29-40E3-810D-49F21C790CE6.jpeg"

Online DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2018, 05:02:23 pm »
That's awesome. I was just reading about that model.

I'll be picking up the updated one that takes Glock mags and takes down into two pieces. Something about having a field rifle in the same caliber as your pistol, like when both your revolver and your lever action would take 357mag

Offline rio

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2018, 06:33:13 pm »
That's awesome. I was just reading about that model.

I'll be picking up the updated one that takes Glock mags and takes down into two pieces. Something about having a field rifle in the same caliber as your pistol, like when both your revolver and your lever action would take 357mag
Sweet!!!!, I also had a crx storm berreta .45 but because of the safety act I had to sale it, I loved shooting that thing. By the way nice pics of your choice of rifles.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 06:35:26 pm by rio »

Online DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2018, 09:04:32 pm »

Thanks!

I need to take pics of the last couple I got. Sig MCX Gen 1 and Sig Legion P229 and P226.

Offline rio

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2018, 12:15:53 am »

Thanks!

I need to take pics of the last couple I got. Sig MCX Gen 1 and Sig Legion P229 and P226.
??? :P :P :P yes indeed ;D

Online gaseousclay

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2018, 03:35:50 pm »
Any of you guys or gals into hunting? This has been on my bucket list for awhile but that came to a screeching halt when I got divorced. Had to part ways with my Browning A-Bolt 270 win and my Winchester 9422 lever gun. When my boy starts kindergarten it'll mean no more daycare bills, so this should give me a little bit more of an expendable income. I've been eyeballing a Sako 85 Classic because I love a nice maple stock and the Finnish are known for making high quality hunting rifles. I'd likely throw a Leupold scope on it for good measure. I'd love to go on a deer hunt since they're abundant in MN but this would be at least a year out. The idea of being out in nature and harvesting my own deer sounds fun.

WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-196 size L

Offline yinzer

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2018, 12:26:59 am »
I mainly duck hunt now, and want to get back into rabbit. I do not deer hunt as much as I used to, but I use an old lever action Marlin 30-30. I learned to shoot on that rifle and it's been involved in many harvests over the years.

Many will agrue the safeties on most lever actions are dangerous  (especially for younger kids) but I think learning and using that gun increased my safety and awareness then and now. One miniscule slip or too much pressure taking it from off safety to on and it's shooting.

I also hunt very thick woods when I do deer hunt, so a brush gun is preferred. Not sure what your area would be like. Remington Game Masters are also a great choice. Pump action 30-06.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Online gaseousclay

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2018, 02:54:38 pm »
I mainly duck hunt now, and want to get back into rabbit. I do not deer hunt as much as I used to, but I use an old lever action Marlin 30-30. I learned to shoot on that rifle and it's been involved in many harvests over the years.

Many will agrue the safeties on most lever actions are dangerous  (especially for younger kids) but I think learning and using that gun increased my safety and awareness then and now. One miniscule slip or too much pressure taking it from off safety to on and it's shooting.

I also hunt very thick woods when I do deer hunt, so a brush gun is preferred. Not sure what your area would be like. Remington Game Masters are also a great choice. Pump action 30-06.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is your Marlin the older JM stamped version, or the newer iteration? I've avoided Marlin because of the QC issues i've read about ever since Remington took over. I've been partial to Winchester 94's and really loved my old 9422. But, i've been looking at their 30-30's and would like to get an 80's xtr or even a current Miroku made variant. If money were no object i'd get a pre-64 Winchester but those are running about $3000-$5000 these days. Henry is an option too for US made but I think a lot of those have brass receivers.
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-196 size L