Hi, Guest

Author Topic: IHSH-26 & IHSH-26-OD - Short Sleeved Chambrays  (Read 49884 times)

Offline Splattered

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
Re: IHSH-26 & IHSH-26-OD - Short Sleeved Chambrays
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2010, 12:12:27 am »
Yeah i started out tryin to wear M in IH but switched over to L and things are working out much better now haha I'm 6'1 165 or so.

Picked this up in size XL, so i guess first things first... give it a soak and cross my fingers eh?

Any soak advice for these peeps?

Offline that_was_easy

• Iron Heart Deity
  • Black in the Sun, White in the Shade
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2010, 12:37:05 am »
The OD isn't going to shrink at all.  The reg should probably just be soaked in temps according to how much shrink you're looking for.  Generally, I'm in the same boat as you being between a L and XL as far as the measurements go.  Any shrink in the regular probably won't be all that noticeable, but maybe.

Yeah i started out tryin to wear M in IH but switched over to L and things are working out much better now haha I'm 6'1 165 or so.

Picked this up in size XL, so i guess first things first... give it a soak and cross my fingers eh?

Offline a.khan12390

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2010, 08:42:11 pm »
Cant wait to get back to ny so i can pick up the OD
Cats paw soles for sale http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=977.0 CATS paw for sale

Offline deadendpro

• 啓蒙家
  • Getting faded is a lifestyle.
    • View Profile
    • DEP twitter
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2010, 11:36:17 pm »
Damn Pete, I was hoping that I would get that sample back................... :)

Derek and Kiya told me about that and i was like  :-[ Pete is a FXCKING BEAST! haha, good shizzle pete.
Currently Wearing: SEXIH07IIIBK2

Offline Splattered

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2010, 12:02:24 am »
The OD isn't going to shrink at all.  The reg should probably just be soaked in temps according to how much shrink you're looking for.  Generally, I'm in the same boat as you being between a L and XL as far as the measurements go.  Any shrink in the regular probably won't be all that noticeable, but maybe.

Haha there better be shrinkage in the unwashed version, that's why i got an XL after all :P

They arrive today though... prob already on my doorstep so i'm gonna hit the tap water as hot as it'll go and toss the shirt in the tub. Buttoned or unbuttoned... would that matter?

Offline shoque

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2010, 12:06:09 am »
I'd say button it so the buttonholes don't shrink too much, but it doesn't matter at all.

Offline that_was_easy

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2010, 01:25:33 am »
Yeah, I usually soak shirts unbuttoned, but not because of any rule. I ordered the XL and will FINALLY try to get some pics up during or after a little vacation up to the mitten state.  Only a few more days!

Offline Splattered

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2010, 05:16:17 am »
I received the shirts today... i measured them cause im gonna soak the work shirt, and then i checked the SE site and measurements were way off, i about crapped myself(i tend to overreact online but im totally chill in person haha) till i came here and checked Giles measurements and they are much closer so its all good. The short sleeve heavy denim western shoulders are BARELY 17.5 though... it would have fit a little better closer to 18 i am wondering if i should trade it in for an XL? It fits surprisingly very slim for an L...

I double triple checked the workshirt and this is what i get pre-soak. Then i'll come back and edit for post soak after it has hung and fully dried :)

Short Sleeve Workshirt - Light Indigo Sz XL:

Chest: 22.5

Vertical Length: 30

Sleeve Length: 11.25

Shoulder Width: 18.5

Offline that_was_easy

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2010, 07:23:02 pm »
That about looks like what I'm expecting as well as far as the SS workshirt.  May want to label the measurements pre- and post-soak, upon editing. 

Offline Splattered

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2010, 12:55:11 am »
Since i'm giving this shirt an initial soak to get the measurements down... should i just set it in the tub in hot tap for an hour then take out and hang dry? Pay no attention to the "turn inside out and tumble dry low" instructions?

Offline Beatle

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2010, 06:33:01 am »
Seriously, I don't think the od will shrink..
We can do anything

http://bybeatle.com

Offline Splattered

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2010, 07:09:27 am »
I know... i didn't buy the OD :)

I tossed the shirt in the tub as hot as the tap would go and kept my eye on the clock, then my uncle's friend comes knocking on my door to tell me he ran out of gas, flagged some people down, and now needs a ride back, which ends up being far away... and i had to take him to the gas station buy a tank etc etc so the shirt soaked for way longer than i intended. I got back and pulled it out of the water and hung it up, it didn't shrink all crazy or anything so i guess i am fine :P (I just hope it DID shrink)

Offline madmonday

• 見習いボス
  • still trying to find the right way to do the wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2010, 02:05:52 pm »
splat' how did your shirt turn out???
head high, middle finger higher

Offline Splattered

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2010, 11:24:10 pm »
Dunno yet, it was still drying this morning before i left to work... am anxious to see how it turned out. Will report back after work :)

If it didn't shrink much/enough would giving it another hot soak and maybe a short toss in the dryer fix that or is the first soak/hang dry gonna be all i can expect it to shrink?

Shoulders stayed the same at 18.5, P2P shrunk down to 21... wonder if i can get any more shrinkage out of the shoulders
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 04:57:28 am by Splattered »

Offline LandoCal126

• LandoCal126
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2010, 09:28:26 pm »
My advice and only because this seems to be a drawn out discussion, is to just wear it. You have soaked it once already. Now wear it and let the fabric have a chance to fall naturally. See if it fits you. If you are unhappy after a while, then try soaking it again. I just feel like if you worry about it all to much and soak, measure, soak, measure, etc. you will never enjoy the shirt. At some point you have to figure out your size for IH and let Haraki-San's works speak for itself. Am I correct in thinking that you are all here because you like the brand and the things they make? If so, buy your clothes in the size you are happiest with normally and things will work out. Just my two pennies as a spectator...
RIP Geo