Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Watches - another OCD problem  (Read 577033 times)

Offline hectic

• 見習いボス
  • The Real Me
    • View Profile
Watches - another OCD problem
« on: October 12, 2009, 10:47:54 pm »
Anyone else a watch freak here? Def fits the denim fetishist model...

I'm a G-Shock whore personally.

H
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:56:51 pm by hectic »

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Re: Watches - another OCD problem
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 06:28:35 pm »
Anyone else a watch freak here? Def fits the denim fetishist model...

I'm a G-Shock whore personally.

H

I love them.

My day to day watch used to be a Breitling Chromomat until I met up with DougNG in New York, he was sporting a Riki Watanabe.  I had to have one, so I put it on my birtday list, and hey presto Paula came up with the goodies.  I love it and think that it is a perfect jeans watch:

And yes Landocal, that is an IHSH-06

I also have a 1954 Patek Philippe manual calatrava and a 1970's Jaeger-LeCoultre manual complication (dunno why, I never wear either, but Hectic, I guess that is exactly your point)

« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 06:31:57 pm by Giles »
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline hectic

• 見習いボス
  • The Real Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 06:41:28 pm »
That Watanabe is beautiful. So perfectly in contrast to the sea of Omega/Rolex et al standard high-end watch buys that swamp the scene. A good Ironheart complementary choice I reckon.

I'm personally desiring a Seiko Spring Drive. Do you know this site: http://www.seiyajapan.com/ - the guy has a good rep.

Offline Daveo

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 06:46:28 pm »
I also love watches, but only have two (cheapies by most watch lover standards).  Lum-Tec M5 and a Maratac quartz SAR.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 06:54:30 pm »
That Watanabe is beautiful. So perfectly in contrast to the sea of Omega/Rolex et al standard high-end watch buys that swamp the scene. A good Ironheart complementary choice I reckon.

I'm personally desiring a Seiko Spring Drive. Do you know this site: http://www.seiyajapan.com/ - the guy has a good rep.

Looks great site Hectic, Thanks.  Anything I can bring back from Japan, let me know
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline hectic

• 見習いボス
  • The Real Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 06:56:30 pm »
thanks for the offer, I will have a ponder.

Supper time now.

Peace.

Offline J Cosmo Asp

• Haraki-san Student
  • "Ni!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 07:03:15 pm »
I guess I'll have to weigh in with the pocket watch perspective.  I have three--two antiques from my father (a Hamilton and a ?) and the day-to-day Colibri.  I'll post some pics later today from the home computer.  I have a kangaroo braided fob from Australia via David Morgan in Seattle.  I really like the look of a leather fob against blue denim in any state of wear.  That's the difference between humans and apes, you know, the fact the we can accessorize.

Asp.
Ni!

Offline DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 07:58:50 pm »

I love them.

My day to day watch used to be a Breitling Chromomat until I met up with DougNG in New York, he was sporting a Riki Watanabe.  I had to have one, so I put it on my birtday list, and hey presto Paula came up with the goodies.  I love it and think that it is a perfect jeans watch:

Yeup, wearing that one today, paired with my 634s, Tanner Belt, a pair of Frye boots and a white button down I don't know where the hell I got it from

And of course my brown IH rider's jacket that's become a trademark of mine at work. People love this thing
I know violence is not the answer, I got it wrong on purpose

Offline kiya

• Denim Icon
  • 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
    • Self Edge
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 05:48:58 am »
I love watches, just got this Rolex last week from 1915, boomtime.

Offline LandoCal126

• LandoCal126
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 07:25:52 am »
Damn Kiya, now that could make me a watch guy! Wear that out tomorrow night. I want to see it!
RIP Geo

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 09:31:20 am »
Kiya, I love that.  I'm not big into contemporary Rolex's but that is perfect.

Offline hectic

• 見習いボス
  • The Real Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 09:38:10 am »
Another way to spend your money: http://www.toshi-straps.co.uk/

I don't own one of these but again some v.good reports out there in the forumosphere...

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 10:15:21 am »
Another way to spend your money: http://www.toshi-straps.co.uk/

I don't own one of these but again some v.good reports out there in the forumosphere...

Stop it H, Paula will log on as me on day and ban you, if you find even more ways to spend money!

Offline hectic

• 見習いボス
  • The Real Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 10:23:27 am »
I've got soooo many more.... :)

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 06:48:55 pm »
I'll stick some photos up of the PP and the JLC when I have a min, but have misplaced the key to the safe - perhaps that's why I never wear them!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:53:02 pm by Giles »