Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Guidelines  (Read 4229 times)

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Guidelines
« on: December 15, 2014, 10:07:27 am »
If this gets popular maybe the mods can make this a pinned post.

Time to clean the closet and junk drawers.

Do you have anything that you just don’t want anymore or you think isn’t worth much? I feel like this could be a great thread to see if anyone wants whatever items you no longer want. Awhile back @madmonday  would do giveaways(you pay for shipping) and I thought that was a cool idea. Here’s a chance for you to give back to the IH community or even possibly hook up the Giver with a little extra cash as a thank you.

I hope we can be fairly generous for items that are well above the cost of just shipping. For example, if someone puts up an old worn out pair of Iron Heart jeans, I would hope whoever wants them first can throw the Giver an extra $20 or $50 or even $100 on top of actual shipping costs. If someone puts an old beat up Spyderco knife that retailed for $30, I wouldn’t expect someone to throw in any extra cash, but who knows. That's the gamble here, as a Giver you have to be willing to let your item go for as little as actual shipping costs.

A couple rules/tips:

The first person to comment their want for an item has the first chance to get it.
It is then solely up to the Giver and Receiver to work out the actual shipping cost/payment/etc. All responsibility from this point rests on you guys.

Giver:
Be willing to let your item(s) go for actual shipping costs
Post images of the item
Include details about the item
If it’s an item of clothing, include actual measurements
Give an idea of what the shipping costs will be in your country(international is tricky so that will have to be worked out on an individual basis)

Receiver:
Iron Heart Forum member for at least 3 months
Have at least 100 posts on the Iron Heart Forum
Have a paypal account

If you are giving away more than one item it is up to you to decide whether a single person is allowed to get more than one item from you. I feel like this just depends on the items and each situation. If it’s a couple of small things, I don’t see an issue with that.

If you receive an item and you do not want it, please post it up here again.

Tips:
USPS Priority Mail has $50 insurance included. I would recommend using Small Flat Rate boxes for small items, they are usually around $5-6. Using USPS Standard Post might be $2-3 cheaper. For heavy items, Medium/Large Flat rate boxes are around $10-16.
Send money as a gift/friend using paypal or add 4% to cover paypal fees.

Please let me know if you think I missed anything or have any other suggestions.

"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline urbanwoodsman

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Re: Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 08:38:54 pm »
Great response(Via PMs) so far guys.

Giles deleted the original thread I started and moved this to it's own board so it could be more organized.

Please read the guidelines.

Make sure you have been a member for at least 3 months AND have at least 100 posts.

Make sure you post a comment in the original poster's thread expressing that you want an item. That way people will know that it is already taken. Once you do this, then you can PM the original poster about shipping method/money/etc. If you're a little late and someone beat you to it, you can still comment saying you have seconds(just in case the first person backs out or something).

Again, you are only required to pay for shipping. If you feel like the item is worth a little more or just feel like being generous, just send some extra money along with the shipping cost. I really just want this to be a place where you can put up items you don't really care about anymore. Hopefully, someone will want it and possibly send you a couple extra bucks for a beer or something. At the very least, you get to declutter your closet without the guilt of just tossing it in the trash.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 07:22:24 am »
This Board has the potential to raise a smile and a virtual toast with every new thread. 

Great idea Urbs.
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Cutlasshound

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 09:04:15 am »
This is indeed a glorious idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ain't got time to bleed.

Offline trail and arrow

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile