See product in shop
Hi, Guest

Author Topic: IHxVS-T1-DD - Iron Heart/Vater & Sohn 16.5oz Indigo/Indigo Duck Type I Jacket  (Read 62455 times)

Offline spitfiredealer

• 見習いボス
  • The Juice was worth the squeeze
    • View Profile
Wow that is brutal.

Offline Snowy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Brilliant images @Licorice Noose
I would call that painful images. Had to do a triple take to ensure you got beaten up by your jacket :o

Offline urbanwoodsman

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
I'm not into Type I/II jackets but I have to say this is very well executed. Congrats to the minds behind it and to anyone brave enough to wear it. This fabric is going to age amazingly well in any garment. I'm looking forward to the fades.

Offline Max Power

• 見習いボス
  • Only doom is real
    • View Profile
They are fading with intense speed. Only 4-5 days of gentle wear and I can see some lighter shades. What I like best - the inside has some awesome white neps, like snowfall. And there a re plenty of nice details, that I just realized now like felled seems and lined pocketflaps.

The cracking sound when I moved disappeared and it got more comfy. Still, it is the stiffest fabric I've owned so far and that includes the SH 08 and 22oz SB denim. I love it.

I don't care what people say.. The Max Power way is the right way...

Offline Snowy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Nice update @Max Power

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
@Max Power Those seams are felled and taped.  I will update the product page - thanks...
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline tmg

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
Struggling to find reasons why I don't need this jacket, and that's from someone who hasn't ever really wanted a denim jacket either!

The generic denim jackets that were popular in my youth (the early 80's) were worn by heavy metal fans and covered in badges, or they were washed out/bleached and worn by Wham boys (collar up) and these have influenced my appreciation, or lack of, for classic denim jackets - the style of the Type I, or at least this interpretation, appeals to me because its look is more pure workwear aesthetic.

Offline Finkster

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Congrats to the minds behind it and to anyone brave enough to wear it. This fabric is going to age amazingly well in any garment. I'm looking forward to the fades.

+1
What a beast of denim ... Think, I don't had the patience to fight with this garment. My superblack Type III was enough action. ^^
Kudos to all!

Offline Licorice Noose

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
I've been wearing the jacket at work all day. It's definitely stiff, but I can tell that I'll break it soon. I wasn't sold on the type I pocket design until I sat in my car with the seat belt on. Easily accessible and actually large enough to put things in. Will put some fit pics up tonight.

Offline Finn666

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
sooooooo...finally i was able to check this one out in person!
great shit! @VaterundSohn and @Giles ...i love it! :-* (and the gf agrees as well :P )

the fitpics are those of a XL in its raw state...now soaking as i type! :)

and sorry for the many images...couldn't decide on which one to upload ^^

Offline Jordan23

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Just Perfect!

Enjoy ya addiction!
AE

Offline sabergirl

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Stellar fit. Will be perfect after the soak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Max Power

• 見習いボス
  • Only doom is real
    • View Profile
Great fit, Rafa. Isn't the fabric awesome?
I don't care what people say.. The Max Power way is the right way...

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Looks excellent Rafa.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Finkster

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
+1
good choice and proper fitpics