Hi, Guest

Author Topic: IHSH-101tg - Ultra Heavy Turquoise/Grey Buffalo Check Western Shirt  (Read 21262 times)

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Re: IHSH-101tg - Ultra Heavy Turquoise/Grey Buffalo Check Western Shirt
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2015, 02:39:15 pm »
Some of the pocket stitching is not parallel, some of the internal finishing is less than perfect and some of the pattern alignment is off.

My stance is that I can't force anyone to send them back, but both Haraki and I will be extremely unhappy if we have Iron Heart garments out there with known issues. 

A lot of the shirts are perfectly alright. So when you get your shirt take a good look at it and if you have a good one, let's talk.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:45:04 pm by Giles »
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Cole

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2015, 02:46:06 pm »
Damn, I was so looking forward to pick up that shirt, when returning from vacation tomorrow evening. :(

I'll get back to you about the pickup tonight or tomorrow, when I'm back home.
Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk
WTB:
IHSH-87 XL
IHE-13

Offline Lucius

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
IHSH-101tg - Ultra Heavy Turquoise/Grey Buffalo Check Western Shirt
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2015, 03:24:46 pm »
really great colors too. In case this is ever re-run, I'm in for an XL.

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:50:16 pm by Lucius »

Offline seawolf

• 啓蒙家
  • _ ZeeBee Leather _
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2015, 04:39:24 pm »
@Giles Wasn't this shirt doomed from the start? Wasn't the color different from what you'd envisioned in the first place? Either way, I'm so sorry to hear that you've found yourself in this unenviable position. That sort of decision is never an easy one to make, but you know it's the only decision to make. I remember sitting in the now closed Apple Bar in NYC with you, and you made me take my shirt off to show me the inside. You told me that the finishing is perfect on the inside and that the shirt would look just as good worn inside-out. I'll never forget that, and the level of pride that it showed me about Iron Heart and its products. I know it sucks, but I applaud you for maintaining that level of excellence. I always say, and I firmly believe, that you can't teach people pride.
Custom leather belts, wallets, and bags.

www.zeebeeleather.com

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2015, 04:52:18 pm »
@seawolf The colour was not exactly what I had envisioned when I saw it in the photos, but when it turned up here, I was delighted with how it looked....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline seawolf

• 啓蒙家
  • _ ZeeBee Leather _
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2015, 04:56:55 pm »
Oh good! I didn't know that :)
Custom leather belts, wallets, and bags.

www.zeebeeleather.com

Offline jock1624

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2015, 09:39:07 pm »
Great looking shirt , since I already have the FH in sax I'm out . More for the rest of you .
Mirthing my way through life.

Offline Finkster

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2015, 11:39:06 am »
Oh shit - that sucks!   :o
This must be a lot of logistic effort, etc. to rectify this all.

But that's a good example for the difference between IH and any other XY Brands. --- Respect!

Offline Snowy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2015, 11:46:00 am »
This must be a lot of logistic effort, etc. to rectify this all.
Financial also.

I applaud all @ IH for holding their standards so high and doing the right thing. This is when standards are really seen. So sorry to read, but even prouder to own the IH I do

Offline Tidal

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2015, 01:45:50 pm »
Any chance of posting the measurements of these shirts? This was my first IH shirt, and I have tried it on for size as suggested either here or in the workshirt thread. As the product page is dead, would be handy to know what the (actual) measurements are,  rather than me measuring them probably inaccurately!
It's going to be pretty hard to part with....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Omega Man

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2015, 02:16:48 pm »
This could be a collector's item  :P!
It is never good something like this gets out the door.  But it is the action a retailer / brand takes in the aftermath that defines brand.  This is the right decision. 

Offline emceeQ

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2015, 06:54:38 pm »
Absolutely love the fabric on this shirt.  So soft, and the color is incredible.  Was super stoked to have found a decent replacement for the blue 06 that I sold away awhile ago.

Bummed to be sending it back, but so much credit to G, H, and the Iron Heart crew.  The steadfast sticking to such high standards of quality is just one of the many things I love about this brand...

Offline Madame Buttonfly

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2015, 07:22:17 pm »
@tidal I'm sure when Giles sees your post he'll act, but do PM us if you don't hear from him.
AKA Mrs G AKA Blanket Gollum

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2015, 08:13:37 pm »
Measurements of our dearly departed.

Offline Black Orchid

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2015, 08:56:22 pm »

@Giles Wasn't this shirt doomed from the start? Wasn't the color different from what you'd envisioned in the first place? Either way, I'm so sorry to hear that you've found yourself in this unenviable position. That sort of decision is never an easy one to make, but you know it's the only decision to make. I remember sitting in the now closed Apple Bar in NYC with you, and you made me take my shirt off to show me the inside. You told me that the finishing is perfect on the inside and that the shirt would look just as good worn inside-out. I'll never forget that, and the level of pride that it showed me about Iron Heart and its products. I know it sucks, but I applaud you for maintaining that level of excellence. I always say, and I firmly believe, that you can't teach people pride.
Beautifully said @seawolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk