Hi, Guest

Author Topic: IHSH-102tg - Ultra Heavy Turquoise/Grey Buffalo Check Work Shirt  (Read 14629 times)

Offline madmonday

• 見習いボス
  • still trying to find the right way to do the wrong
    • View Profile
Re: IHSH-102tg - Ultra Heavy Turquoise/Grey Buffalo Check Work Shirt
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2015, 01:07:27 am »

Compared with a blue 20
head high, middle finger higher

Offline 4c

• 啓蒙家
  • Höllenhund
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2015, 01:26:45 am »
^ that color looks so great

Offline Broark

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2015, 01:37:06 am »
Here's a shot for color, really love this one:

And here's the left arm compared to the back of the shirt:

My best attempt at photographing the pockets, hard to really see but it's subtly there:

Offline superfuzz

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2015, 01:38:51 am »
Wow that color looks amazing! Bummer about the stitching issues.

Offline madmonday

• 見習いボス
  • still trying to find the right way to do the wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2015, 02:00:11 am »
Good shots. Mine looks soon much lighter.
head high, middle finger higher

Offline urbanwoodsman

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2015, 02:24:39 am »
@Broark thanks for some proper color shots.

Offline NorthernVictory

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2015, 03:47:39 am »
Iron Heart standards are impeccably high, so... was this just some sort of fluke? People having a bad day at the office, so to speak?

Unfortunately I missed the mailman today (I had power metal blasting and didn't hear the knock). Hopefully I'll catch him tomorrow or the day after.

Offline Omega Man

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2015, 04:46:23 am »
Iron Heart standards are impeccably high, so... was this just some sort of fluke? People having a bad day at the office, so to speak?

Curious to know as well.  Reason/reasons behind this snafu?  New factory?  Tight schedule?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 04:49:50 am by Omega Man »

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2015, 07:42:02 am »
You know, like all these things, it's not just one thing that causes the issue, it's a sequence of smaller things that contribute to the "disaster"....

- We had already used all capacity in the regular factory
- We (IH) have invested in a new factory. It is managed by the guy who runs the regular factory, but owned by us
- Haraki wanted to delay making these shirts until the Fall.   I said no we can't delay, because we already have a load of stuff coming out in the Fall
- We made them. They were shipped to Hachioji.  Haraki, Sarina and Tom were in Thailand with us, so there were fewer staff to sort things out in Hachioji.  The DWCs landed at the same time, as did the Loom Breakers, as did a load of Spring/Summer gear.  The guys there were frankly overloaded, and the shirts did not get the QC attention they normally would have.
- They then got here at the same time as the DWC, Loom Breakers etc, we have run short of space at our offices here, so we wanted to turn them around and get them out ASAP.  Again, they did not get the attention they deserved
- Matt was off at a Funeral, the rest of us were under pressure. Some got shipped, they should not have.
- On Sunday morning we had an email from a customer, pointing out that the checks on the work shirt pictures were out of line (on a photo I had edited and not noticed) and could he have a lined up one?  :D.
- We went to the office and realised we had a big issue.  I remembered that there were shirts of both types boxed up in Hachioji waiting to ship to retailers.
- Haraki opened the cartons, had a look and the decision was made to recall.

I'm upset that we have put you guys through this, I'm upset that we have pissed money out of the Iron Heart ecosystem (I don't really care who ends up footing the bill for this, it's money we have just thrown away), but I am 100% happy that we know what and where the issues are and they will be fixed. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:15:57 am by Giles »
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Max Power

• 見習いボス
  • Only doom is real
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2015, 08:07:04 am »
Thanks for that post & insight!
I don't care what people say.. The Max Power way is the right way...

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2015, 10:00:34 am »
You know, like all these things, it's not just one thing that causes the issue, it's a sequence of smaller things that contribute to the "disaster"....

...I'm upset that we have put you guys through this, I'm upset that we have pissed money out of the Iron Heart ecosystem (I don't really care who ends up footing the bill for this, it's money we have just thrown away), but I am 100% happy that we know what and where the issues are and they will be fixed.

@Giles and the rest of the crew, if it helps to soften the blow at all, the way you guys handle this is exemplary. Not just the recall but the personal responses, and willingness to explain in detail the whys and wherefores of the issue to your customers, really inspires confidence and loyalty rather than the reverse. At least that's the case for my part, although I have a suspicion that many feel the same way. This was set to be my first flannel and first work shirt based on the colourway, so I hope it makes it's way back into production. If not, I'm positive I won't be waiting too long before pulling the trigger again soon... Well done to you all.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 10:25:23 am by neph93 »
Get ahead, go figure, go ahead and pull the trigger,
Everything under the gun.

Offline DrBabyhorse

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2015, 02:33:32 pm »

...I'm upset that we have put you guys through this, I'm upset that we have pissed money out of the Iron Heart ecosystem (I don't really care who ends up footing the bill for this, it's money we have just thrown away), but I am 100% happy that we know what and where the issues are and they will be fixed.

@Giles and the rest of the crew, if it helps to soften the blow at all, the way you guys handle this is exemplary. Not just the recall but the personal responses, and willingness to explain in detail the whys and wherefores of the issue to your customers, really inspires confidence and loyalty rather than the reverse. At least that's the case for my part, although I have a suspicion that many feel the same way. This was set to be my first flannel and first work shirt based on the colourway, so I hope it makes it's way back into production. If not, I'm positive I won't be waiting too long before pulling the trigger again soon... Well done to you all.

I really agree with all of the above. It really inspires confidence in the brand.

Offline Broark

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2015, 09:01:33 pm »
Thanks for the transparency and explanation, just reinforces how clearly you all stand behind the quality of your product. I'm sure some brands would sit back and just continue to sell a product like this.
I received my shipping label, I'll be taking it to UPS tomorrow to ship back.
Hopefully these get remade at some point, the color is really great. And next time I'll know my size!

Offline Dion

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2015, 09:12:30 pm »
At the end of the day this incident only increases my belief and trust in IH's quality and support.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:14:57 pm by den213 »

Offline Megatron1505

• 見習いボス
  • HC-IH-01 HWB-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2015, 09:30:55 pm »
There is literally NOWHERE else you get this level of customer care and response, simply incredible effort and response and I think it's safe to say that your customers are extremely appreciative.
Made in England, clothed in Japan, fed in America and drunk in Belgium !