Hi, Guest

Author Topic: BOW3230BK - Triple Works x Blue Owl Workshop "Sulpher Dyed" Black Tapered Denim  (Read 19898 times)

Offline atsui

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile

Blue Owl is proud to introduce our first collaborative project with Japanese denim company Triple Works - - "Sulfur Dyed" Black Raw Selvedge Tapered Denim. This limited edition run is Triple Works' first black denim and is featured in our stores most popular cut, the men's tapered leg.  The fabric is woven on vintage shuttle looms with a blend of Pima cotton and sulpher dyed weft.  The fabric will fade similar to indigo denim, though not as fast.

Triple Works x Blue Owl Workshop "Sulpher Dyed" Black Raw Selvedge Denim Tapered - $295
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7999701
- Made in Japan
- 100% cotton (blend of Pima cotton which will soften with wear)
- Woven on vintage shuttle looms
- Warp sulpher dyed
- Red & white selvedge
- Deer skin patch
- Doughnut button fly with bronze anodized hardware
- Back pocket hidden rivets
- Pima lined back pockets
- Triple Works signature back pocket sitching which is hidden until after significant wear

More information can be seen in our latest blogpost at http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2010/09/triple-works-x-blue-owl-workshop.html

Offline Chris

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Two things:

First, love the black patch.  That's really nice looking.

Second, was the W on the back pocket reversed for this collaboration?

Oh yeah, I like the W in black, too. :)

Offline atsui

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the comments.  Good to hear from you you and I hope you are getting some wear on your TWs.

I worked with Ayumi for a long time to get this one done and I like the way all of the details came together.  The patch is a great color and very soft.  The W pattern is the same as other TW denims.

Best, Jay

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
My only comment is that you should've had Ayumi wear these in the fit pics  8) ;) :-*

But seriously - it looks great!.. Not my kinda cut, but I'm sure you won't have any issues moving these!..

Offline tobacco and leather

• Haraki-san Student
  • Ante up! Er'rything off!!
    • View Profile
They do look great, but as Seul said.. definitely not my kind of cut.

Offline Chris

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Thanks, Jay-  I'm rotating my 1220s with the pair of 634s that I bought about the same time.  This week was the off week for the TWs, but I'm really enjoying them.  They've been just about perfect from the time I pulled them out of the shipping bag.

And you know, I never noticed that the W on the TW jeans is reversed from the W on the IH jeans.  I just thought they were different colors.  Guess it took a totally new pair for me to look at them with a fresh perspective.  I'm glad the collaboration came together well for you, and as Seul said, I'm sure you'll have no problems selling these. :)

-Chris

Offline Beatle

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
hmm..the model looks like he has a very feminine body shape - or is it the cut ?
We can do anything

http://bybeatle.com

Offline passthestripe

• Haraki-san Expert
  • rugged and raw
    • View Profile
Oh jesus wept, these look magnificent!   :-* :-* :-*

Barely even started on my TW's I ordered from Jay last month but I think these are a must have.  Great work from all involved.

Need to think about what size, the 32 waist tw permanent tapered fits me like a glove, so unsure if I should go down to the 31 here for the waist but i'm worried about the thighs being to tight.  I'll hang fire til people start rocking them and can maybe provide a few instances of some first hand comparison/advice.

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
I was actually gonna show these to McDuff thinking she'd like them... How could I have forgotten about you ey Steve  ;D ;)

shabooba

hmm..the model looks like he has a very feminine body shape - or is it the cut ?
I agree with Beatle -- and for that reason -- I love the cut. The model has a small waist/bigger hips (but not too big)/shapely ass -- traits familiar to most women, except the not too big hips part (note : JLo and most women who aren't Asian -- let's face it, God designed us to pump out babies -- how the fuck else are those squishy little fuckers going to squeeze out ?).

But here's the most important question...what is the weight of this denim ? Iron Heart Forum members always want to know the answer to that question ! Did I miss mention of this ?

Most of all -- I like the price. Very reasonable for a great pair of jawns.

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
It's 15 oz.

shabooba

Really, Seul ? 15 oz ? Then I fucking love these jeans. With a hideous, morbid, obscene, relentless, passion actually. Too bad I can't afford em right now. :(

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
A friend on another board simply said: "oh wow, those are HOT!!!"

This is attracting the denim loving ladies from all over!..  :-*

Offline atsui

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
The cut is the the TW-3230 tapered leg.  It is the same cut/measurements of the TW-3230-PI and the TW-3230-FI.  What ever size you would wear in these models, it will be the same in this collab.  The 3230 is a unisex cut and we have sold several to women who have been very happy with the fit.

Offline stever

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
can't take my eyes off the hardware...