Hi, Guest

Author Topic: FS: Samurai S710OG16oz and Shins Craft 9801XX  (Read 1203 times)

Offline beautiful_FrEaK

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
FS: Samurai S710OG16oz and Shins Craft 9801XX
« on: February 19, 2016, 04:37:07 pm »
Hi everybody, I am about to move so I took the opportunity to go through my collection to find jeans that either don’t fit or won’t be worn anymore (just like I did with my boots). So I have the following 2 jeans for sale:

·         Samurai S710OG16oz
·         Shins Craft 9801XX

S710OG16oz
This limited edition for Samurai’s 16th Anniversary uses Samurai’s famous 710 cut in a 16oz organic cotton denim. The green selvedge line is dyed with natural plant dyes. The leather patch is very thick and is made of cow hide. The pockets bags are made of a beige slub serge twill.
I am selling this pair as it is too trim through the hips and I am afraid to soak them and then won’t be able to wear them. I only tried them on like 3 times over the last year. They have still all tags attached so you are looking at a BNWT pair of a limited edition that is mostly sold out, especially in this size. They have been professionally hemmed with a chainstitch by Yuichi from Kaizoku Pirates (see measurements). My loss is your gain!

Tag size 34

Measurement’s BiG style

Waist: 36"
Front rise: 11,5"
Back rise: 15,75"
Thigh: 12,75"
Knee: 9,3"
Leg opening: 8,25"
Inseam: 36,5"

Asking price: 300 US-$ + Shipping!

Shins Craft 9801XX
This is very rare pair of jeans. They are supposed to have been sold at a small shop in Japan as an in-house brand. Rumors go they were manufactured by Denime (hence the “Shins” craft) but I have no evidence of this and I doubt it. Nevertheless, they are a very nice pair of repro jeans. They have beautiful Scovill rivets, a classic ‘50s silhouette, all the nice little repro details like hidden rivets, V-stitch, hidden coin pockets selvedge, red tab, Levi’s arcs, etc.
My favorite detail though has to be the leather patch!
The denim has a rather smooth surface which would remind me of sanforized denim but when I the initially soak, they shrank a fair amount. So a little bit shrinkage should still be left in the fabric.
As I wrote I soaked them once and wore them only a handful times so you won’t see any fading.

Tag size 34

Measurement’s BiG style

Waist: 34"
Front rise: 12,1"
Back rise: 16,5"
Thigh: 13,4"
Knee: 10"
Leg opening: 9"
Inseam: 33,75"

Asking price: 150 US-$ + Shipping!

Offline beautiful_FrEaK

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
Re: FS: Samurai S710OG16oz and Shins Craft 9801XX
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 09:55:09 am »
Shins Craft reserved!

Offline imindless

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
Re: FS: Samurai S710OG16oz and Shins Craft 9801XX
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 09:50:12 pm »
A pair of the samurais just went on eBay for 160 obo. Similar condition. Same size. Wondering if we can work a deal on them let me know!!