Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Ask Giles Anything  (Read 10319 times)

Offline motojobobo

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Giles Anything....
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2020, 12:26:02 pm »
Fascinating IH lore!

Curious as to how the 633 cut came about. Is it an ‘improved’ 301?

The 633 is currently my best fitting cut, but I haven’t yet tried a 777. I feel most comfortable with low/mid rise bottoms.
The journey is the objective.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2020, 12:32:06 pm »
The 633 is basically the 634 with more taper from the knee to the cuff....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline jordanscollected

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2020, 02:55:36 pm »
Thanks @Giles and as stated above, these are great background stories. I can imagine that it's hard to know ahead of time how many you will sell of something or what will be popular, especially if it's a less traditional fabric, design, color or cut.

It's easy for me to forget that your team has a focus on business and that we aren't all just here sharing pictures of beer, food, bread, and IH outfits from across the globe.     
Minnesota, USA

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2020, 06:36:55 pm »
It's easy for me to forget that your team has a focus on business and that we aren't all just here sharing pictures of beer, food, bread, and IH outfits from across the globe.     
I'm really pleased that you think this way, and I hope that it is a common feeling amongst the members.  Yes, it is a business, yes it does have to be profitable, and yes we have a duty to try and make it as successful as we can for the sake of Haraki, his business, the workshops, and not least of all for our staff.

BUT, at the end of the day, I want our customers to enjoy what we make and what we do and if this forum helps do that, then that is another tick in the box.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 10:20:51 am by Giles »
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline DrPat

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2020, 06:57:02 pm »
Based on those long answers, it seems like Giles has lots of time to kill these days.  Much different than the abbreviations you used to reply with  ;)

For some reason, Triple Works came across as Iron Heart Lite.  Maybe you should have made it more expensive than main line IH instead of cheaper.

One of my favorite stories you've told is about when Haraki went to a denim party in the west for the first time and was surprised how many different ways people were wearing Iron Heart.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2020, 07:00:33 pm »
I'm very sensibly not allowed into the office at the moment.  We need to ensure the people who actually do something, are protected, as far as we can, from Covid.

So yes, I have more time on my hands that I used to.....

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2020, 07:06:08 pm »
when Haraki went to a denim party in the west for the first time and was surprised how many different ways people were wearing Iron Heart.

Yep, I think it was a a SELA party, though it could have been SESF. All these dudes came in wearing Iron Heart in all sorts of different ways.  Haraki just sat, stared and took it all in.  The following day, he said to me, "I never imagined my clothes would ever be worn like the way people were wearing them last night, I love it, I will think differently from now on"...

Offline Appfaff

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2020, 07:59:02 pm »
Ironically @Giles - those photos from the SELA grand opening was what made me buy my first pair of Iron Hearts.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2020, 09:33:44 pm »
Ha...... ;)

Offline Appfaff

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2020, 10:02:05 pm »
I will admit it was a bad buy.. I bought some
“Two sizes too big” 9301 and tried to boil them.

Funny enough, a few years ago someone asked for help identifying a pair of super black jeans, and based in the arcs, the forum agreed they were some 9301.

When I asked where he found them, he said he purchased them from a guy in Louisiana... I sold mine to a resale shop in New Orleans in 2013.

Kinda made me happy to think that one pair of mis-sized jeans help introduce at least 3 people the brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline goosehd

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2020, 10:24:39 pm »
I hope that you start posting videos again.  I miss them...(much love and respect)

I'm very sensibly not allowed into the office at the moment.  We need to ensure the people who actually do something, are protected, as far as we can, from Covid.

So yes, I have more time on my hands that I used to.....

Offline adam313

• 啓蒙家
  • Everyday Evolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2020, 10:32:26 pm »
It just never gets old  :D

And serendipitous gold  :D

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 11:38:31 pm by adam313 »
Waiting for the time when I can finally say, that this has all been wonderful, but now I’m on my way...Phish

Offline Jett129

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2020, 12:00:38 am »
I agree never gets old and the improv is priceless. Thanks for posting that.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2020, 06:42:30 am »
I laugh so much every time I see that.....

Offline jordanscollected

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Giles Anything
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2020, 02:59:01 pm »
right at the end. "I was in the middle of a decent take"...
Minnesota, USA