Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Brexit - AKA Shit I Don't Need in my Life  (Read 8432 times)

Offline No.88

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit - AKA Shit I Don't Need in my Life
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2016, 10:45:55 am »
And just to top it all, Cameron has handed in his jotters.

Personally I don't agree with Cameron taking sides on this campaign. He should have let his top ministers handle the Remain campaign. He has a duty to the country to take it forward no matter what the decision of the electorate was.
It was obvious that if he lost the referendum his position was untenable. Pillock!
W T B / For Sale / Trade.
Please see my Roll Call.
https://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8216.0

Offline hajduk

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2016, 11:07:05 am »
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cls6oYKWIAEjM0y.jpg:large
and during this time, Trump in his discré helico landing in Scotland...
what a day today...
"Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have" James Baldwin.

Offline Finkster

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2016, 11:44:33 am »
^ After the 'Feckxit', I shudder at the thought of November 8.   8)  ::)

Online Max Power

• 見習いボス
  • Only doom is real
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2016, 12:12:40 pm »
Yes, indeed.
I don't care what people say.. The Max Power way is the right way...

Offline Megatron1505

• 見習いボス
  • HC-IH-01 HWB-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2016, 12:20:13 pm »
Cameron's political vanity caused this by offering the referendum as part of his election campaign and he is now abdicating responsibility for sorting out the shit storm he has caused.

Polls show that 58% of people who voted for Brexit will be dead in the next 16 years, well done you old twats, you have screwed us all 😡
Made in England, clothed in Japan, fed in America and drunk in Belgium !

Offline Snowy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
    • Iron Heart
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2016, 12:45:02 pm »
surreal hearing about it today. Did not think it would be possible. youse up there are crazier than I thought!!

Offline dylantbmayes

• Iron Heart Deity
  • IRON HEART INT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2016, 12:49:15 pm »
Polls show that 58% of people who voted for Brexit will be dead in the next 16 years...

How can they possibly know that? Were the votes not anonymous?
INSTAGRAM: @DYLANTBMAYES | FACEBOOK.COM/DYLANTBMAYES

Offline Cutlasshound

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2016, 01:03:13 pm »
Polls show that 58% of people who voted for Brexit will be dead in the next 16 years...

How can they possibly know that? Were the votes not anonymous?

Calculated with reference to average calculations regarding age held by YouGov (is my understanding).
I ain't got time to bleed.

Offline louisbosco

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2016, 02:52:34 pm »
well honestly, after reading further into brexit and all the reporting, i honestly (quite confidently) thought it would be to remain albeit a close fight. looking at news live as it was being counted was quite shocking. EU or no EU, i reckon it'll affect everyone, no matter which side you're on. no country is perfect just based on whether or not they join the union. it all boils down to leadership, policy making and the person in charge. if he/she is good enough steering the ship in the right direction, the outcome of brexit wouldn't even matter.

though i'm keen to see what they path taken now would be...
"Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."
- Harvey Specter

Offline Broark

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2016, 03:41:15 pm »
You can all do joints and joint ventures in and from my living room.
This sounds like reason enough to start IH-Belgium.  ;D
I'll come work for y'all if I have a place to sleep and access to your beer cellar.

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2016, 03:47:42 pm »
I'll come work for y'all if I have a place to sleep and access to your beer cellar.

You can sleep in my beer storage room downstairs... Doesn't get any better than that...

Offline GingerMagician

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2016, 03:48:44 pm »
Cameron's political vanity caused this by offering the referendum as part of his election campaign and he is now abdicating responsibility for sorting out the shit storm he has caused.

Polls show that 58% of people who voted for Brexit will be dead in the next 16 years, well done you old twats, you have screwed us all 😡
He was a dead man walking as soon as the result was announced, Gav ( @Megatron1505 ).  Right wing Tory knives were out for him and he'd have been pushed had he not jumped.

Regardless of the economic and political arguments for and against the UK's membership of the EU, it's the cultural implications that most concern me.  In the eyes of Europe, I don't want to be lumped in with the vast majority of those that voted to leave - and I suspect the rest of the 48% who voted to remain strongly feel the same way.  I feel like I have way more in common with most of those that live in cities across Europe than I do with most provincial Brexiteers.

The UK is today more divided than it's ever been.  But then perhaps this referendum result is just explicit confirmation that this has been the case for quite some time.
Simon

Quote from: Megatron1505
You're not even bloody ginger  >:(

Offline Megatron1505

• 見習いボス
  • HC-IH-01 HWB-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2016, 04:43:32 pm »
Totally agreed @GingerMagician , Cameron just had the biggest public outing as a man who cannot deliver on the most major political issues.

The country is certainly divided, and this will probably spell the end of the U.K. in the next few years. My town had the highest out vote in the East Midlands and I know that the issue that vote was made on is immigration .

What other parts of England don't seem to understand is that immigration does badly affect some areas more than others, Boston on Lincolnshire for example. This is mainly due to the work available there (fruit picking) which the lazy locals don't want to do.

We had the same here with Sports Direct, 2000 jobs advertised with only a few hundred applicants from the local community. They don't understand that the jobs still need doing even if they refuse to do them for minimum/ living wage.

I voted in, but I understood the arguments locally for voting out. The country is fractured and it has been for a long time, there is disparity of wealth, resources and amenities when you get outside of London and other major cities. That is what the real vote was against in my opinion. A misguided protest of sorts brought about by a disconnect from the political elite.
Made in England, clothed in Japan, fed in America and drunk in Belgium !

Offline louisbosco

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2016, 05:07:36 pm »

What other parts of England don't seem to understand is that immigration does badly affect some areas more than others, Boston on Lincolnshire for example. This is mainly due to the work available there (fruit picking) which the lazy locals don't want to do.

We had the same here with Sports Direct, 2000 jobs advertised with only a few hundred applicants from the local community. They don't understand that the jobs still need doing even if they refuse to do them for minimum/ living wage.

pretty much what Singapore is right now. locals whinging non stop about foreigners taking over the local jobs, didn't matter what industry, because of the elitist mindset brought upon the society during the 80s and 90s. they whinge of influx and how there isn't enough jobs available or how crowded the place would be etc..

but what those whinging can't seem to grasp is that these are the jobs the locals themselves don't want to do cause they feel it's beyond their "status".

"Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."
- Harvey Specter

Offline ROman

• Iron Heart Deity
  • Madman across the water
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2016, 06:45:27 pm »
Very sad day for the world. This outcome affects us over here as well. Makes me nervous about November.