Hi, Guest

Author Topic: TV  (Read 93792 times)

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
Re: TV
« Reply #1050 on: June 13, 2020, 10:42:30 am »
I watched five eps and couldn't get into it... I usually love Matt Berry stuff but... I still plan on at least finishing S01...

Offline LewisStonehouse

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 14, 2020, 09:08:46 am »
Recommend 13th on Netflix for anyone who wants to get a better understanding of the BLM movement

Offline DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 14, 2020, 02:25:26 pm »
Why has nobody told me how good Strike Back is?!?
I know violence is not the answer, I got it wrong on purpose

Offline AdamJ

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 23, 2020, 07:45:38 pm »
I have been watching Fargo lately, the pseudo Swedish/America sounding accents are fascinating. Having only been to the East Coast, it's like nothing I've ever heard!
The devil is in the detail..

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 23, 2020, 08:16:00 pm »
I have been watching Fargo lately, the pseudo Swedish/America sounding accents are fascinating. Having only been to the East Coast, it's like nothing I've ever heard!
Martin Freeman is brilliant in season 1. Great series and one of my faves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-19

Offline jordanscollected

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 23, 2020, 08:33:12 pm »
Season 1 was brilliant.

I can tell you guys that no one in Minnesota sounds like that. The original Fargo and it's "ya you betcha" is simply not real.   

Offline AdamJ

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 23, 2020, 08:35:55 pm »
@jordanscollected thank you for dispelling the myth!
The devil is in the detail..

Offline Jett129

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 23, 2020, 08:37:56 pm »
Two part question...#1 Is anyone watching Space Force,which was OK,and if the answer to #1 is yes...Do you think Giles and John Malkovich look alike these days?    Thought he stole the show.

Offline jordanscollected

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 23, 2020, 08:49:07 pm »
@AdamJ I suppose it's not a complete myth, but if you come to Minnesota, you will probably visit Minneapolis (though i wouldn't advise it in the near future as it's a little riot-y right now), and people sound like any midwestern town like Chicago. There may be some small town folk in rural towns that have that old midwestern accent, but I have never heard it in my almost 40 years living here, and I've touched every corner of the state.

Offline hajduk

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 28, 2020, 12:20:50 pm »
Two part question...#1 Is anyone watching Space Force,which was OK,and if the answer to #1 is yes...Do you think Giles and John Malkovich look alike these days?    Thought he stole the show.
Giles is Malkovich! And vice and versa That’s true! A kind of attitude...Cool one
About the serie, I liked it a lot and laughed a lot! Hilarious Steve Carell as always!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
"Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have" James Baldwin.

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 28, 2020, 03:08:37 pm »
Damn, I now need to watch it.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline ROman

• 啓蒙家
  • Madman across the water
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 29, 2020, 02:29:16 am »

I have watched Fargo, and the accent is severe. There are different accents all over the country. New England, New York, different areas of the South, I always describe Louisiana, as sounding southern with a New England twang. While I was working, my companies manufacturing and corporate office was in Plymouth Minnesota, where I have been numerous times along with Mankato and Red Wing. There is a definite speech pattern there, but not as severe as watching Fargo. Minnesota did have an influx of Scandinavians, along with Dakota Native American Indians. With my work, I have traveled to 47 states, so it was a bit typical to pick up on different accents through out the country.  OOps, I forgot Pennsylvania Dutch.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 02:37:47 am by ROman »

Offline Palmer

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 29, 2020, 06:24:47 am »
Anyone else watching the Perry Mason reboot on HBO? I've been enjoying it so far.

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: June 29, 2020, 07:35:17 am »
Anyone else watching the Perry Mason reboot on HBO? I've been enjoying it so far.
It is on the list for summer viewing when the weather turns bad. I do like Mathew Rhys after his stint in The Americans. Plus he’s Welsh, like all the best people.

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 29, 2020, 09:30:41 am »