Hi, Guest

Author Topic: TV  (Read 163648 times)

Offline jordanscollected

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
Re: TV
« Reply #1290 on: September 16, 2021, 02:22:31 pm »
That's a classic scene Giles

Allie and I are watching "Succession" on HBO while our month subscription carries on (we signed up to watch White Lotus).

It's a pretty special show and I give them the most props for keeping the gratuitous nudity out of the show while still having a ton of sexual focused plot line. A really smart approach.   
Minnesota, USA

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: September 16, 2021, 02:25:20 pm »
One of my favorite dark comedies of ever @jordanscollected  The characters are just so perfectly irredeemable.
Think it, be it.

Offline dinobarnesberlin

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: September 16, 2021, 02:29:02 pm »
Times are tough when you have to resort to eating packs of ketchup :D

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: September 16, 2021, 02:32:00 pm »
Hahaha
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Online SKT

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: September 16, 2021, 04:13:20 pm »
@jordanscollected  @mclaincausey  you guys have convinced me to get started on succession. I need one that my wife would be interested in because I can’t get her on board for The Expanse 

Offline jordanscollected

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: September 16, 2021, 05:21:26 pm »
@SKT it starts a bit slow as they build characters, but it picks up fast and furious. they do a great job without a ton of violence, killing, nudity, etc. while still being gripping edgy and engaging.
Minnesota, USA

Online SKT

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: September 16, 2021, 05:30:05 pm »
Sounds great. Looking forward to getting started on it.

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: September 16, 2021, 07:34:58 pm »
Yeah SUCCESSION is fantastic... New season soon... Covid-19 messed up all scheds though so it's kinda hard to predict when...

DARK SIDE OF THE RING S03: new ep tonight!.. Can't wait!..

DERRY GIRLS: when the feck is S03 landing!..

Offline Joberwocky

• Iron Heart Deity
  • Jason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: September 16, 2021, 10:48:13 pm »
@SKT Succession is a surefire winner.  The characters are unlikeable but you can't help but root for a couple of them.

Personally, being a horror addict if sorts, I've been watching "slasher" on shudder (first few seasons were in Netflix) because it's a gruesome whodunnit that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Offline Joberwocky

• Iron Heart Deity
  • Jason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: September 16, 2021, 10:50:35 pm »
@Seul I've got a friend at work really pushing Brand New Cherry Flavor.  What'd you think?

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
  • I am not a complete twat though...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: September 16, 2021, 11:00:41 pm »
@Seul I've got a friend at work really pushing Brand New Cherry Flavor.  What'd you think?
Ha. I wrote my bachelor dissertation on the book that series is based on about 26 years ago. Had no idea it had been adapted for tv.
Get ahead, go figure, go ahead and pull the trigger,
Everything under the gun.

Offline Chris

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: September 17, 2021, 03:48:37 am »
Absolutely classic.....
I love that episode. I was living in south Jersey when it first aired and a couple of my roommates were from some small town in the Pine Barrens. They claimed the show didn't make it weird enough.

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: September 17, 2021, 06:40:21 am »

Six eps in - it's fantastic... Good, dark vibes... Good, low budget vibes as well  :D But I like that...

Offline zhivago

• 啓蒙家
  • Enjoy Your Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: September 17, 2021, 08:17:06 am »
+1 more for what everyone here is saying about Succession, I have been waiting with baited breath for S3.

@Giles  I think you may have pushed me over the edge on starting a full rewatch of the Sopranos...I recently wrapped Breaking Bad viewing 2 and I think for the purpose of defining my all time favorite I need to give the Tony and his crew the same courtesy.

It's that or learn a new language, which can obviously wait another month or two :D :D :D

Oh and while I am here, sweet baby Jebus is season duex of Ted Lasso just about as good as comedy gets or what!!??
Zhivago

MM: "we all got to start somewhere"

G: "Never once did he bitch, moan or complain.  He just motivated the team and got on with it"

Offline Palmer

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: September 17, 2021, 09:02:54 am »
I'm loving the new season of What We Do In The Shadows. The most recent episode had me cracking up!