Hi, Guest

Author Topic: 2017 Ultra Heavy Flannels  (Read 6311 times)

Offline yinzer

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
2017 Ultra Heavy Flannels
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2017, 10:34:09 pm »
Anyone try shrinking the sleeves yet? I'm thinking about doing it tomorrow to my 126-PB.

Also, option 3 (red, black and cream) looks great. Work shirt in that would be awesome.

Offline Filthy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Ultra Heavy Flannels
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2017, 11:52:44 pm »
I've accidentally shrunk a UHF about a half an inch or so in a warm machine wash. If you were to only soak the sleeves and agitate them whilst soaking, you'd probably get the same.

Offline yinzer

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2017, 12:22:47 am »
I've accidentally shrunk a UHF about a half an inch or so in a warm machine wash. If you were to only soak the sleeves and agitate them whilst soaking, you'd probably get the same.

Yeah I'm going to try it tomorrow.

Probably won't feel like holding a shirt very long with only the arms sitting in the tub, so I'll probably agitate real good then take it out.

Offline Filthy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2017, 12:28:00 am »
Do you have a bathtub? Get a plastic shopping bag, cut the bottom corners off, pull the sleeves through, and hang the bag by the handles to the faucet over the tub letting only the arms drape in the water.

Offline yinzer

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2017, 01:04:01 am »
That's a pretty good idea actually, I will post results tomorrow evening once they dry.

Offline EastWest

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2017, 09:12:26 am »
^ another one for an "explain that one to the other half" thread!

Offline yinzer

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2017, 04:56:37 pm »
The sleeves on my UHF did not seem to shrink too much. I guess I can try with warmer water and more agitation.

Could even throw it in the dryer for a bit I suppose. Figured I would leave some feedback on the subject.

Offline manufc10

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2017, 05:55:11 pm »
The sleeves on my UHF did not seem to shrink too much. I guess I can try with warmer water and more agitation.

Could even throw it in the dryer for a bit I suppose. Figured I would leave some feedback on the subject.

I've on only had to shrink up two of my UHF's and the sleeves were never an issue with me on those particular ones so I never paid attention to how much shrinkage I got in the sleeves, if any.  Sorry, can't help you out on that one.

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2017, 06:07:07 pm »

In theory the selective shirinking method should work. But agitation is key as well as warmth. I wash my UHF's at 40C with a spin cycle and they don't shrink. You need to hit 60C to get them shrinking I think.

Offline Hematoma

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2017, 03:09:05 am »
Anyone try shrinking the sleeves yet? I'm thinking about doing it tomorrow to my 126-PB.

Also, option 3 (red, black and cream) looks great. Work shirt in that would be awesome.

Could you just take it to a trusted tailor?  Not sure exactly what you need, but someone good can shorten/take it in, as long as you don't need extreme changes.

Offline yinzer

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2017, 05:06:16 am »

Could you just take it to a trusted tailor?  Not sure exactly what you need, but someone good can shorten/take it in, as long as you don't need extreme changes.

Nothing extreme, arms are just a hair too long on one of my UHF's.

I think a better wash/soak method will bring them in though.