See product in shop
Hi, Guest

Author Topic: IH-526-ODG - Whipcord Modified Type III - Olive Drab Green  (Read 17270 times)

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Re: IH-526-ODG - Whipcord Modified Type III - Olive Drab Green
« Reply #180 on: March 04, 2020, 07:50:46 pm »
Probably won't fade that much......

One-washed - little to no shrinkage
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline cityofdelusion

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 04, 2020, 08:34:29 pm »
How will this fade over the years?

The cord areas tend to fade or get relatively pale. The whipcord tends to fade or get pale slightly less in comparison.

Here is mine after two to three washes in the washing machine at 60 degrees celsius.  I personally didn't like it so I ended up selling it.

"20190802_114909.jpg"

« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 08:36:23 pm by cityofdelusion »

Offline jothishan

• Haraki-san Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 04, 2020, 08:35:02 pm »
How does this compare to the 526LV - V2 denim? From the measurements, for me it will be size M on this one while being size S for the 526LV. Nevertheless this one is smaller by a tiny fraction in size M as compared to the size S on the 526LV. The olive green would have been a much contrasting color than the 526LV when paired with a indigo denim. I'm tempted to go with this one, but nevertheless I like the indigo given the fact that it will fade in over time.

Offline jothishan

• Haraki-san Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 04, 2020, 08:36:26 pm »
The cord areas tend to fade or get relatively pale. The whipcord tends to fade or get pale slightly less in comparison.

Here is mine after two to three washes in the washing machine at 60 degrees celsius.  I personally didn't like it so I ended up selling it.

"20190802_114909.jpg"

Did you notice any shrinkage? Didn't you like the fade? What was it that made you sell it off?

Offline cityofdelusion

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 04, 2020, 08:43:55 pm »
Did you notice any shrinkage? Didn't you like the fade? What was it that made you sell it off?

I'd say if anything then probably just about a cm shrinkage in length and sleeve length

When I bought it, I loved the brown detail of the corduroy and the dark olive green colour of the whipcord. I sold it because I didn't like how pale the jacket was after a few washes.

Just to be fair: Just because mine turned out this way doesn't mean that every jacket will :)