Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Hard Drinkers, Lets Drink Hard (Spirits, Liquors and Cocktails)  (Read 87032 times)

Offline Jett129

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
Re: Hard Drinkers, Lets Drink Hard (Spirits, Liquors and Cocktails)
« Reply #1110 on: July 18, 2019, 01:16:20 am »
@mclaincausey Have to admit I had never heard of sal de gusano,although I have had orange slices with mezcal. I knew that gusano meant worm as I had spent some time with really bad cheap Dos Gusanos mezcal when I was younger. My next round of questions.... Is there a brand of the salt that you like,and where do you get it? Do you drink mezcal out of clay copitas? Thanks.

Offline thomaspanton

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 18, 2019, 12:42:16 pm »
"6910DC1E-2D36-4A07-80CA-81B56CD903BF.jpeg"

So I’ve discovered that my liquor cabinet grows at a 5:1 ratio to my liquor library.

This is the life I chose...

Great life guys, thanks for sharing a great pic with a lot of beer.

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 18, 2019, 02:52:30 pm »
@mclaincausey Have to admit I had never heard of sal de gusano,although I have had orange slices with mezcal. I knew that gusano meant worm as I had spent some time with really bad cheap Dos Gusanos mezcal when I was younger. My next round of questions.... Is there a brand of the salt that you like,and where do you get it? Do you drink mezcal out of clay copitas? Thanks.

I love the copitas but I've not sprung for them. I think that the worms they use for the salt live in the cacti used to make the mezcal. I just order from Amazon. Sal de Gusano (Flor de Sal) 100g https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BZVLSDV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_7LhmDbNNRBKPH
Think it, be it.

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 19, 2019, 03:26:51 pm »
Great use of Ramazzotti from Mercantile in Denver, CO. Going to need to play around with some at home.

"IMG_20190719_082109.jpg"

After dinner, we had some Amaro Montenegro with lime. I'd not tried that before but it was great!
Think it, be it.

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 20, 2019, 02:17:01 am »
I believe this is the first bonded straight wheat whiskey produced in the US. Delicious, and almost smooth to a fault.

"IMG_20190719_190056.jpg"

Some local bitters that impersonate old fashioned elements, and an old fashioned element for the first cocktail.

"IMG_20190719_190047.jpg"

Ultimately added ango and wish I had brandied cherries. I guess I'd call it a doubled OF with bitters doubled by what they're impersonating. Can mix quite a bit of this smooth spirit in with those ingredients for a delicious cocktail.

"IMG_20190719_191511.jpg"
Think it, be it.