Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Grilling, Smoking, BBQ, etc. WAYCT (What Are You Cooking Today) Outdoor Edition  (Read 2035 times)

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
For mothers day I cooked my mom a Snake River Farms wagyu tomahawk ribeye on my BGE.

First time I've done this method, I went reverse sear at 275 dome temp for about an hr, then kicked it up to 750ish for a few min sear. It's gonna be my new go to I believe. Previously used SV and would have considered that this time but didn't have bags that would fit that bad boy.

Reverse sear is such a great technique, especially for larger cuts. It's especially awesome for cuts like prime rib, because you can effectively have a 1.5 hour window while the meat rests before you blast and crust it 10 minutes before service. This allows more efficient use of the kitchen and more flexibility around timing.
Think it, be it.

Offline JDelage

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
+1 on reverse sear - nearly as good as sous vide.

Offline kkozel

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
+1 on the reverse sear too

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Only a few days away from completion now.....

"IMG_3314.JPG"
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline UnTucked

• Mod Squad
  • UnTucked Gentleman
    • View Profile
Well in that case, it sounds like we're only a few weeks away from visiting, lol
In search of:
IHJ-30, med.
IHV-03, med.

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
All those bricks--no chance there's a brick barbecue pit smoker in the plans is there?
Think it, be it.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
No.  I will add a small charcoal Yakitori grill and a gas fired Teppanyaki griddle.... 

I may add a buried barrel smoker in the general vicinity....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
Think it, be it.

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
Not a direct fit to the thread since I had zilch to do with creating this, but hoping to be able to do this one day with brisket burnt ends. Visited one of a few buddies who do BBQ for a living (lucky me!). This is smoked over pecan in a commercial Lang smoker. You can try it yourself if you're ever in Denver. They have a location at the top of Red Rocks in addition to two brick and mortars, having started from a trailer. Rolling Smoke does it right.

"MVIMG_20190518_123230~2.jpg"

"IMG_20190518_123816.jpg"
Think it, be it.

Offline seawolf

• 啓蒙家
  • _ ZeeBee Leather _
    • View Profile
Lang smokers are the best smokers. I miss mine. It's being cared for by a friend back in VA until I have a place to put it.

that BBQ looks so good. *drool* I'm a big fan of pecan wood. My lord, look at that bark!
Custom leather belts, wallets, and bags.

www.zeebeeleather.com

Offline Clint_D

• Iron Heart Deity
  • IH Hoarder
    • View Profile
Scooped this up from a neighbor who was moving out of state for only $250!  Can't wait to get dialed in on this.

"IMG_2071.JPG"

Offline Chris

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
Nice score!

(I'm available for taste testing, by the way...)

Offline Clint_D

• Iron Heart Deity
  • IH Hoarder
    • View Profile
Ha, sounds good @Chris