Hi, Guest

Author Topic: What's your favorite Beer?  (Read 978823 times)

Online Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Beer?
« Reply #12735 on: August 14, 2020, 11:32:22 am »
Coke and pils here... Grew up with the stuff... It's not that bad: the coke keeps you hydrated and the bit of caffeine keeps you awake...

Of course: I wouldn't touch that stuff anymore  8)

My aunt, who lived in London in the seventies, still talks of the beer with lemonade concoction... I remember a friend drinking it as well, btw...

Aaaaah sweet memories...

Offline Jett129

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #12736 on: August 14, 2020, 12:37:20 pm »
A real RedEye,as in when a cowboy walks up to a bar and says give me a RedEye is beer and tomato juice. Tried it once. Pretty bad. Supposed to be good for a hangover.

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12737 on: August 14, 2020, 12:38:51 pm »
Supposed to be good for a hangover.

Probably because it causes you to purge your stomach on the spot

Online Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12738 on: August 14, 2020, 06:03:39 pm »
Bloody Mary is quite good for a hangover... I wouldn't mix in beer but... Y'know...

Offline Jett129

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #12739 on: August 14, 2020, 11:08:38 pm »
No,Hell didn’t freeze over. Decided to try a Milkshake IPA,to see if I could drink it. And I was able to finish it. I think it was good,but since it was my first I have nothing to compare it to. I t was real hoppy when you first picked it up to drink,and the bitterness showed up on the back end. 8.2 on the alcohol which is acceptable.  "2C45260D-B234-44F3-B73A-0C0264D3FBC7.jpeg"

Offline Appfaff

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #12740 on: August 15, 2020, 12:53:21 am »
Hadn’t found this for years, and it pops up at Whole Foods :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline scooter

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12741 on: August 15, 2020, 02:24:18 am »
Black and Tan?
That’s the one! Christ, the crap we used to drink... snakebite, black and tan, shandies, there was a mix called a «pint of golden» too which may have been mild and lager together?
In my neck of the woods, a Black and Tan is a half glass of Bass Ale, the other half Guiness floated on top. I was known to drink them, often. Loved them...
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Offline scooter

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12742 on: August 15, 2020, 02:29:14 am »
A real RedEye,as in when a cowboy walks up to a bar and says give me a RedEye is beer and tomato juice. Tried it once. Pretty bad. Supposed to be good for a hangover.
While it is quite often called a Redeye, that is simply a bloody beer. A true Redeye would have a raw egg. The yolk represents the pupil.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Offline scooter

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12743 on: August 15, 2020, 02:35:02 am »
Half and Half.  In the Midlands that was half a pint of Mild (probably M&B) and half a pint of bitter (probably Ansells).....
Interesting. I've always known a Half-n-Half to be the same thing as a Black and Tan, with Harp instead of Bass.

Offline scooter

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12744 on: August 15, 2020, 02:43:51 am »
Bloody Mary is quite good for a hangover... I wouldn't mix in beer but... Y'know...
We serve our Bloody's with a 6 - 8 oz. beer back(chaser). Some will add it as they go. I always wait to down it after I'm finished.

Offline scooter

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12745 on: August 15, 2020, 02:46:06 am »
No,Hell didn’t freeze over. Decided to try a Milkshake IPA,to see if I could drink it. And I was able to finish it. I think it was good,but since it was my first I have nothing to compare it to. I t was real hoppy when you first picked it up to drink,and the bitterness showed up on the back end. 8.2 on the alcohol which is acceptable.
Some pretty good ratings on that one. I wouldn't mind trying it...

Offline scooter

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12746 on: August 15, 2020, 02:59:36 am »
New brewer out of the Madison(WI) area. I love Cashmere.....

"young blood bill brasky.jpg"

Offline scooter

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12747 on: August 15, 2020, 03:03:17 am »
Aslin Sensei. 11.1% TIPA. Amarillo. Galaxy. Mosaic. Lovely.....

"aslin sensei.jpg"

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12748 on: August 15, 2020, 05:29:24 pm »
Aslin Sensei. 11.1% TIPA. Amarillo. Galaxy. Mosaic. Lovely.....

I’ve seen a lot of MiUSA TIPA’s here and on IG recently. They have yet to make it out here which is a shame as it is one of my favourite styles. I see it very rarely.

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12749 on: August 15, 2020, 05:36:53 pm »
My own rediscivery of all things IPA continued last night.

Started with this:

It was super fresh and seemed tame at first, flat and thin with no back end, but the second half of the can really came to life with some great bitterness. I suspect if I’d poured it in a half liter glass it would have blended better.

I read some advice from a brewer regarding cans. Apparently it is a good idea to turn the can on it’s side and gently roll it back and forth over a flat hard surface. I was sceptical at the time but having this experience made me think there might be something to it.

Anything referencing Gillian Andersen has to be good, and this was. Pine needles and biscuit with a sharp, bitter gips ending. My kind of DIPA.

The best Beer of the evening came at the end though and it was a Pale Ale....