Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Random Rants  (Read 758262 times)

Offline goosehd

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Random Rants
« Reply #10095 on: November 01, 2019, 02:38:14 pm »
I’ve been up since 12:30 Eastern Standard last night.  We have our builder looking at the house to see if there is any structural damage (a couple of limbs hit the edge of the roof).  Waiting to make an appointment with the insurance adjuster about the truck.  It’s going to be a long day.

The family is safe and that’s all that really matters.

Offline goosehd

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: November 01, 2019, 02:45:47 pm »
"63E19E7A-BBF3-4798-AD93-CCD7079034CB.jpeg""70D4CC7F-6C5C-48D6-86A5-A9932FE7ECF7.jpeg""18DE0A54-3F92-40A3-ACD9-C1DD9B6A982C.jpeg"

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: November 01, 2019, 03:32:07 pm »
Thank goodness you are all OK...
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Yogi217

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: November 01, 2019, 06:14:02 pm »
Oh man. That sucks. Glad everyone is ok. We had serious wind in western CT last night as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline Chris

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: November 01, 2019, 06:52:40 pm »
Yikes.  Glad the family's ok. As you said, that's the important thing.

Offline cj

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10100 on: November 03, 2019, 09:11:20 am »
I have exams over the next couple of weeks and am stressed. I wanna do well, but I know they're going to be bloody difficult. I can't wait till they're done so that I can have a day or two to watch some new movies that I haven't had time to see.

I'd be really interested to know how the university decides which exams go on which days (and at what time) because I nearly always have a couple that are back-to-back. I guess that means people will still be doing theirs when I'm done, but it doesn't feel too good just yet...

Offline louisbosco

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: November 06, 2019, 05:17:20 pm »
i don't fucking understand how banks take over a fucking month to fucking change 1 simple detail such as a contact number!  >:( it's not like i'm changing my address where you fucking need some sort of bill etc for proof. it's for your convenience more than it is for me.
"Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."
- Harvey Specter

Offline Anesthetist

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: November 06, 2019, 09:46:46 pm »
i don't fucking understand how banks take over a fucking month to fucking change 1 simple detail such as a contact number!  >:( it's not like i'm changing my address where you fucking need some sort of bill etc for proof. it's for your convenience more than it is for me.

If it makes you feel any better I had to wait over 18 months for Trans Union to fix my credit score. They combined my info with another guy of the same name (who credit blows) causing my score to go down 200 points. I had to threaten a lawsuit to make it right....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline louisbosco

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: November 07, 2019, 12:24:28 am »

If it makes you feel any better I had to wait over 18 months for Trans Union to fix my credit score. They combined my info with another guy of the same name (who credit blows) causing my score to go down 200 points. I had to threaten a lawsuit to make it right....

oh man. that sounds a lot worse but i can imagine. it's annoying when you present them with all the details and yet they sit on it or are unsure what to do. or worse when you call them put you on hold a million times.
"Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."
- Harvey Specter

Offline HeavyGenes

• Iron Heart Deity
  • Husky
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: November 07, 2019, 12:29:02 am »
Went down the other day, due to uneven street conditions. Luckily, walked away with only a fractured humorous. A sunken manhole to be exact. Report dangerous road conditions! Your friendly neighborhood rider will love you.

Cheers! 

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: November 07, 2019, 02:07:47 am »
Went down the other day, due to uneven street conditions.

Sorry to hear that. Glad you’re OK.

Offline HeavyGenes

• Iron Heart Deity
  • Husky
    • View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: November 07, 2019, 02:51:14 am »

Thanks Neph.

Cheers! 

Offline Bfd70

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: November 07, 2019, 10:46:58 pm »

Ughhh! That’s awful. I suppose though that get offs are the rare instance you can say “only a fracture..”

Offline Jett129

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: November 07, 2019, 11:21:47 pm »
Went down the other day, due to uneven street conditions. Luckily, walked away with only a fractured humorous. A sunken manhole to be exact. Report dangerous road conditions! Your friendly neighborhood rider will love you.

. Being a fellow rider,always sorry to hear of another riders mishap. Glad you’re not too badly hurt. And now someone has to ask...How’s the bike? They’ve been re-paving some of the roads out by me,which leads to equally treacherous raised manhole covers.

Offline HeavyGenes

• Iron Heart Deity
  • Husky
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: November 07, 2019, 11:25:41 pm »

. Being a fellow rider,always sorry to hear of another riders mishap. Glad you’re not too badly hurt. And now someone has to ask...How’s the bike? They’ve been re-paving some of the roads out by me,which leads to equally treacherous raised manhole covers.

The bike is at the shop getting repairs started. Thank God for insurance. The estimated damages came to $4000. I’m on the hook for $500. So less than 2 UHF’s not too bad. Hope to be back riding after my arm heals. Maybe around December. Year round riding in southern Cali!

Cheers! 