Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Random Rants  (Read 934197 times)

Offline jordanscollected

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
Re: Random Rants
« Reply #10200 on: January 15, 2020, 04:20:29 pm »
RRL stuff looks so cool on the website but when you get it the quality is meh and the prices are outrageous. Like no one would accuse IH of being inexpensive, but when you get it you're never dissatisfied.

Than you for this. I have a finger on the trigger often on really cool looking RRL stuff, but I don't own any. Here in Minnesota we don't have any retailers who carry it so i have no clue on fit and sizing. If, as you say, it's not up to par with Iron Heart's quality (few are), I simply won't bother. it is really expensive to be a letdown.   

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10201 on: January 15, 2020, 05:33:57 pm »
I have 3 RRL shirts that I bought on clearance a few years back from their site. One is a western, one is a work shirt (the Matlock) and the third is kind of a military styled shirt with the pleated chest pockets, whatever they're called. I went with size large on all three shirts and while they're slightly on the long side, they did shrink down a little with repeated washes/dry. I might've been able to get away with a medium but barely.

I think I wear the western the most out of all three, with the military styled shirt being worn the least, mainly because the fold on the chest pockets came unraveled in the washer/dryer and looks like a deflated sack. RRL makes somedecent pieces, but these are the ones that are MiUSA. My shirts are all made in China....I think, and I wouldn't pay the prices I paid if I were to buy their shirts again. Of course, we're comparing apples to oranges here and there's simply no contest that IH shirts are superior in every way. If you like their style and if you can get their stuff cheap then I say it's worth it.
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-19

Online Jett129

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10202 on: January 15, 2020, 06:33:55 pm »
I’ve also gotten a few of their shirts,which I also bought on clearance,as in 30% off the already marked down price. So maybe a shirt that was originally close to $300 is now $89. Some western and some work shirts. They’re all very nice,light to midweight, but nowhere near worth their original price. You have to be OK with missing out on something you might really like. You also have to buy after/out of season.

Offline BloodnThunder

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
    • Preferential Treatment
« Reply #10203 on: January 15, 2020, 07:29:57 pm »
I also have a few RRL pieces that I really like.  But there is no comparison in quality/construction between RRL and IH. 

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10204 on: January 15, 2020, 07:55:29 pm »
I’ve also gotten a few of their shirts,which I also bought on clearance,as in 30% off the already marked down price. So maybe a shirt that was originally close to $300 is now $89. Some western and some work shirts. They’re all very nice,light to midweight, but nowhere near worth their original price. You have to be OK with missing out on something you might really like. You also have to buy after/out of season.

I think mine were in the same price range that you paid. There's no way i'd pay full price for their stuff. The only reason I bought them when I did is because they filled a void in my closet for lightweight/warm weather shirts.
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-19

Offline louisbosco

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10205 on: January 16, 2020, 03:40:56 pm »
RRL is decent. vintage RRL is even better.

when i was in paris last year, i took a trip to their flagship in St.Germain. beautiful store spanning 4-5 levels. but when i saw the RRL products, they were disappointing..
"Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."
- Harvey Specter

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10206 on: January 25, 2020, 02:38:08 pm »
First Easter eggs arrived at work this morning... Easter eggs????

* Seul checks the date

Offline Chap

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #10207 on: January 27, 2020, 08:11:03 pm »
Our supplier informed us today that they ran out of medical face masks due to increasing demand because of corona virus  ???
God has blessed you richly, so get down on your knees and thank him. Don’t forget the less fortunate or God will personally kick your ass. I’d love to do it for him, but I can’t be everywhere. Willie Nelson

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10208 on: January 27, 2020, 08:13:30 pm »
Our supplier informed us today that they ran out of medical face masks due to increasing demand because of corona virus  ???

Brilliant... their effect is only marginal in the case of virus prevention, and dependent on rigorous, trained use. Hurray for supply side economics and human stupidity...

Offline Chap

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #10209 on: January 27, 2020, 08:17:26 pm »

Brilliant... their effect is only marginal in the case of virus prevention, and dependent on rigorous, trained use. Hurray for supply side economics and human stupidity...

Yep... five times higher prices now  ::)
God has blessed you richly, so get down on your knees and thank him. Don’t forget the less fortunate or God will personally kick your ass. I’d love to do it for him, but I can’t be everywhere. Willie Nelson

Offline jason1967

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
« Reply #10210 on: January 27, 2020, 10:22:12 pm »
There’s clearly money to be made in the wholesale panic of a new virus.......

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
Think it, be it.

Offline Chap

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile

Offline Chap

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #10213 on: January 29, 2020, 08:58:47 pm »
"4F9431C4-B253-4DE6-8534-37892BC85D32.jpeg"

???

"B07F9042-83CC-42E2-A7A0-E9E9F0F17174.jpeg"

Better spending money on some crazy GA stuff then on guns or campaign donations for Mr Trump  ::)

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10214 on: January 29, 2020, 09:10:24 pm »
Not sure anyone needs a lesson in sense from the good gentleman but thanks for sharing I guess 😂
Think it, be it.