Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Random Rants  (Read 745177 times)

Offline adam313

• 啓蒙家
  • Everyday Evolution
    • View Profile
Re: Random Rants
« Reply #10065 on: October 05, 2019, 05:40:39 pm »
Oh man, I still have a 5s  :D. Uploading images from my photo library has been a breeze these last two weeks from my experience, grateful for my good fortune i guess.
I've got a feeling, you know what you did... Phish

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: October 06, 2019, 01:32:32 am »
In addition to Tapatalk, the eBay app also sucks. Keeps crashing on me after 10 min

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-19

Offline steelworker

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: October 06, 2019, 06:27:06 am »
repost from dat video. I really wanted to hurt this person.

Now that I've simmered down  a rash decision my part  would have  added fuel to the fire, real or metaphorical.
Seemed reasonable at the time though.  :-X :-X

I live in the sticks, everyone drives 70mph on shitty little roads as wide as  driveways because it takes so long to get anywhere because they live in the sticks. At the last second everyone dives to the side and hopes they don't lose a mirror. Today I'm doing 70  going north on a 2 lane country "highway" when a woman driving south pulls into my lane to take a left turn across traffic and...stops. She is head-on in my lane like it's a turn lane. I don't know what she thought the double yellow lines meant. She's chewing gum so I know she's a moron. Her passenger looks terrified which is appropriate, the driver-no expression. Chewing gum. Waiting for me to get the fuck out of my lane so she can make her turn. Fucking idiot.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 06:54:21 pm by steelworker »
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: October 15, 2019, 05:05:56 pm »
Trying to get in touch with a person at USPS is needlessly frustrating. They either delivered my package to the wrong address or it was stolen, but I can't get any info out of them. Filed a package research case last week and nothing. Tried calling and the wait times are up to an hour. I've had good luck with USPS 99% of the time but it's disappointing when you get that one screw up. Looks like i'll be filing a claim soon and refunding the buyer's money  >:(
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-19

Offline Filthy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: October 15, 2019, 05:36:36 pm »
I hope this isn't too culturally insensitive to say, but: it is crazy that it is as hot as it is in the Middle East and deodorant hasn't caught on yet. :-[

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: October 15, 2019, 06:26:03 pm »
I hope this isn't too culturally insensitive to say, but: it is crazy that it is as hot as it is in the Middle East and deodorant hasn't caught on yet. :-[

Deodorant hasn’t caught on in the US either. BO is a universal thing imo

WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-19

Offline Filthy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10071 on: October 15, 2019, 06:29:15 pm »
 :D

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
Random Rants
« Reply #10072 on: October 16, 2019, 11:49:45 am »
Cultural insensitivity aside, I overheard a conversation when I lived  and taught in London between a Caucasian pupil and one of Middle Eastern descent. They were naively talking about cultural difference, without any animosity, more a kind of mutual curiosity.

The Caucasian wanted to know why “all” the people from his friend’s part of the works smelt of garlic and BO. The Middle Eastern lad (I think he was Lebanese or Palestinian) replied “You do know all you white people stink of old milk and yeast, don’t you?”. The look of amazement on the Caucasian lads face was a picture.

I’ve since made polite enquires about this amongst acquaintances with non European ethnic backgrounds and had it confirmed, albeit in rounder, less inflammatory language. Never underestimate the level of ignorance that belonging to a dominant culture affords you....
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 12:23:13 pm by neph93 »

Offline Anesthetist

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: October 16, 2019, 12:01:32 pm »
Never underestimate the level of ignorance that belonging to a dominant culture affords you....

Couldnt have said it better

Offline BloodnThunder

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
    • Preferential Treatment
« Reply #10074 on: October 16, 2019, 03:00:30 pm »
I may get blown up on this one....  But I know were all reasonable enough humans to take a bit of criticism.

Why do grown men who vape choose the stuff that smells like cotton candy or bubble gum?  Every time I walk through one of their obnoxious plumes I just want to ask them why they don't have their Willy Wonka costume on or why they are smoking their kid's pixie stick.

Offline manufc10

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: October 16, 2019, 05:42:14 pm »
Cultural insensitivity aside, I overheard a conversation when I lived  and taught in London between a Caucasian pupil and one of Middle Eastern descent. They were naively talking about cultural difference, without any animosity, more a kind of mutual curiosity.

The Caucasian wanted to know why “all” the people from his friend’s part of the works smelt of garlic and BO. The Middle Eastern lad (I think he was Lebanese or Palestinian) replied “You do know all you white people stink of old milk and yeast, don’t you?”. The look of amazement on the Caucasian lads face was a picture.

I’ve since made polite enquires about this amongst acquaintances with non European ethnic backgrounds and had it confirmed, albeit in rounder, less inflammatory language. Never underestimate the level of ignorance that belonging to a dominant culture affords you....

In the states it's a common belief among other races that we (caucasian's) smell like wet dog......which is probably close to old milk and yeast if you think about it  :D...so that makes sense.

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: October 16, 2019, 07:00:24 pm »
I may get blown up on this one....  But I know were all reasonable enough humans to take a bit of criticism.

Why do grown men who vape choose the stuff that smells like cotton candy or bubble gum?  Every time I walk through one of their obnoxious plumes I just want to ask them why they don't have their Willy Wonka costume on or why they are smoking their kid's pixie stick.

As a lover of tobacco (I’ve quit smoking almost as often as Mark Twain), I have to agree.

Offline DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: October 16, 2019, 08:06:08 pm »
I use mango based flavors...
Because I like them...
Not sure how else to answer.
I know violence is not the answer, I got it wrong on purpose

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: October 17, 2019, 01:08:13 am »
Well, why do people smoke cigarettes? They smell godawful. I'm not sure that even most smokers actually like the smell. All about that buzz, man! And maybe in some cases a nervous tic.
Think it, be it.

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: October 17, 2019, 01:18:43 am »
Re: BO, as much as I find it unpleasant, especially in a confined space, who am I to impose my hygienic standards on people who live differently?  Seems the height of arrogance to do so. The smell of humanity is not universally abhorred. It's not even noticed by probably billions of our fellow humans.

That said, I wish that people would try to conform to the standards of whatever culture they're in the midst of, especially if I have to sit next to them on a plane. But if they don't, so be it. I've had to hold my nose before and will do it again if I must!

Farting on people is much more offensive and plenty of Lilly white folks farts do not in fact smell like roses
Think it, be it.