Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Random Rants  (Read 825108 times)

Online DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Re: Random Rants
« Reply #10230 on: January 31, 2020, 02:11:46 pm »
I think everyone has to deal with this conversation at some point or another, unless you're really a frugal person.

Which is odd because you'd think people would learn not to be judgy assholes.

I deal with this with guns, watches and denim.

The last time I had this conversation was with someone that had $3k golf clubs.

Seriously, if you have to explain it they're never going to get it.
I know violence is not the answer, I got it wrong on purpose

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #10231 on: January 31, 2020, 02:20:23 pm »
exfuckingzactly

I would happily pay USD1000 on the right fishing rod.  But any more the zero cents for a golf bat is too much.

I don't spend much on eating out, but I have friends who will happily drop USD500 per head on dinner.

I'm happy with the cars I have, I have no need for a bzillion dollar sports car.  Some people do.

Horses for courses - wind your fucking necks in......
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Chap

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: January 31, 2020, 04:47:49 pm »
"C004900B-B36E-4CC4-B30A-D655BC43462E.png"

??? :-[
God has blessed you richly, so get down on your knees and thank him. Don’t forget the less fortunate or God will personally kick your ass. I’d love to do it for him, but I can’t be everywhere. Willie Nelson

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10233 on: January 31, 2020, 06:44:37 pm »

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10234 on: January 31, 2020, 08:13:03 pm »
The only time it becomes a problem is when your appetites are so far out of whack that you compromise your ability to make it in the world, especially if a family is depending upon you.
Think it, be it.

Online DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10235 on: January 31, 2020, 10:54:02 pm »
On the other side of things, I think we as consumers of high end items need to be honest with ourselves. Once you get to a certain price point the returns on investment as far as durability and performance goes is not proportionate to the cost.

Sometimes you just like things because you like things.

I can't tell you how many times I've outperformed someone with a $2k pistol with my stock $500 pistol.

I can tell you sure as shit I'm not turning the compost pile when it's in the gooey stage in $400 jeans...
I know violence is not the answer, I got it wrong on purpose

Offline Chap

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #10236 on: February 03, 2020, 06:31:06 am »
Fried Tofu in hot oil yesterday for Agedashi Tofu... now I have branding. Canine tooth and Molar 😬😂

"E55384E1-A3C2-476F-83A0-9134A236AF69.jpeg"
God has blessed you richly, so get down on your knees and thank him. Don’t forget the less fortunate or God will personally kick your ass. I’d love to do it for him, but I can’t be everywhere. Willie Nelson

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10237 on: February 03, 2020, 07:27:44 am »
Ouch. They’re the pits. But that tooth shaped burn is also hysterical so I find joy in your pain. Thank you, Universe!

Offline Chap

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: February 03, 2020, 12:14:19 pm »
👍😂

Offline Matty123

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: February 03, 2020, 01:11:29 pm »
Let’s call that one #18’s revenge. Or 31.. either or :)
Maybe so. Maybe not

Offline Bfd70

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: February 06, 2020, 09:18:06 pm »
I loathe buying IH from online retailers other than IH direct. I only do when it’s a matter of locating my size. IH manages to get packages 1/2 way around the world in 2-3 days. A certain shop in CA can’t get them out the door in 3. I told them I’m leaving town at the end of the week. I don’t want the jacket sitting on the porch waiting to be pirated. Ifyou can’t get it here by then I will just wait to order it Monday says I. We’ll get it there says they. Not....even....close.

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10241 on: February 06, 2020, 11:11:05 pm »
I loathe buying IH from online retailers other than IH direct. I only do when it’s a matter of locating my size. IH manages to get packages 1/2 way around the world in 2-3 days. A certain shop in CA can’t get them out the door in 3. I told them I’m leaving town at the end of the week. I don’t want the jacket sitting on the porch waiting to be pirated. Ifyou can’t get it here by then I will just wait to order it Monday says I. We’ll get it there says they. Not....even....close.

I’m the opposite. Given how fast new releases sell out on the IHUK site I simply can’t be bothered to try ordering something, so I wait till whichever vendor gets what I want and then buy.

I get it though. I had a less than stellar buying experience from an online retailer that sells IH and won’t be buying from them again. I’ve had good experiences with SE and R&H though. Ymmv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-19

Offline Wlemon

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: February 07, 2020, 03:52:36 am »

I feel the same way. I also had a poor experience with a shop located in CA when buying IH gear (and will never buy from the again). I wonder if it's the same place...

Offline Matty123

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: February 07, 2020, 04:08:49 am »

I’m the opposite. Given how fast new releases sell out on the IHUK site I simply can’t be bothered to try ordering something, so I wait till whichever vendor gets what I want and then buy.

I get it though. I had a less than stellar buying experience from an online retailer that sells IH and won’t be buying from them again. I’ve had good experiences with SE and R&H though. Ymmv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve ordered from SE Portland. They are very nice. The dudes at the NY shop are snotty AF.
Maybe so. Maybe not

Offline ROman

• Iron Heart Deity
  • Madman across the water
    • View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: February 07, 2020, 05:49:55 am »
Weird weather today in Charlotte. Around noon a storm came through hitting the back of my house with sustained winds of 41 MPH, the windows looked like a waterfall and lasted about 30 minutes. It was a horizontal rain, I looked at the house across the street, the rain was hitting the roof and went up and over instead of down. The airport shut down for 3 hours, evacuating the control tower due to tornado warnings, which did hit in the area, but not the airport. I've dealt with heavy rain before, but I don't think anything like this.