Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Random Rants  (Read 1411398 times)

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Re: Random Rants
« Reply #10920 on: November 23, 2021, 03:02:53 pm »
Actually, I implied that we would do something nasty, that was a mistake.  We just say, "You do that again, and you will never get another delivery from us".  It seems to work  :)
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline goosehd

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: November 23, 2021, 03:14:26 pm »
@Giles You could always send the new guy @JoshC down to collect the debt...With his size and love of Rugby, I think most people would pay up in short order...

Thankfully we've never written off a debt...(fingers crossed).  At one point we had 200 active accounts.  We've downsized and let some of our problems clients go.  It's made running the books just a little easier...

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: November 23, 2021, 05:43:10 pm »
Well I just hope you are keeping the pirate outfit in case you need to engage in some collections activities yourself, @goosehd
Think it, be it.

Offline sabergirl

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: November 29, 2021, 05:09:22 pm »
The cost of my healthcare is going way up in 2022. Fuck the USA and our garbage system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jordanscollected

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: November 29, 2021, 06:36:39 pm »
I'm sure mine will go up too @sabergirl Ann. We're a small business so we get get royally screwed. Since my wife owns her own business, she is roped into the crap with me.

The HSA account they offer is crap too. Yes it's pre tax money set aside, but use it or lose it at the end of the year makes no sense to me.
Minnesota, USA

Offline Anesthetist

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: November 29, 2021, 08:11:12 pm »
I'm sure mine will go up too @sabergirl Ann. We're a small business so we get get royally screwed. Since my wife owns her own business, she is roped into the crap with me.

The HSA account they offer is crap too. Yes it's pre tax money set aside, but use it or lose it at the end of the year makes no sense to me.
That’s your money, how do they pull that off!?!

Offline emceeQ

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #10926 on: November 29, 2021, 08:19:14 pm »
@sabergirl 100%.  This past summer I left a job that had an objectively horrible impact on my mental health, to the point I was considering checking myself in to an inpatient facility.  The problem was the health insurance was so good, and my insurance options elsewhere so bad, that I was seriously considering trying to stick around.

Now I'm somewhere that I'm super happy, but anytime I go to the doctor it feels like I'm gambling with finances.  Not to mention that I'm back to essentially paying out of pocket for mental health care.

Without even going into the disparities of rural health care, it's a seriously screwed up system.

Offline jordanscollected

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: November 29, 2021, 09:35:09 pm »
I may actually have misspoken about "use it or lose it" Matt @Anesthetist. There's something screwy about it, but i couldn't find it in my backlog of emails that i don't understand regarding healthcare and 401K, etc.

Minnesota, USA

Offline Anesthetist

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: November 29, 2021, 09:48:58 pm »
I may actually have misspoken about "use it or lose it" Matt @Anesthetist. There's something screwy about it, but i couldn't find it in my backlog of emails that i don't understand regarding healthcare and 401K, etc.

Not derail the thread, but I’d def look into it or talk to a finance person about it. I’m by far not an expert but my financial adviser told me the rules have changed on HSA accounts.

Offline steelworker

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: November 29, 2021, 10:32:45 pm »
The cost of my healthcare is going way up in 2022. Fuck the USA and our garbage system.

It's unbelievable shit. I've been looking into medicare-mfing asswipes in the district good for nothing but  lining their bottomless pockets 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 03:16:22 am by steelworker »
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...
Well, I have others.

Offline sabergirl

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: November 29, 2021, 10:55:19 pm »
Since NC is one of the holdouts that still haven’t even expanded Medicare, even folks who would qualify here can’t do that, either. We are the sickest country in the developed world—though the argument can be made that we are essentially a 3rd world oligarchy when judged from the quality of life of the majority of our citizens.

Medical debt doesn’t exist in any other country. Chew on that as long as you need.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:06:26 pm by sabergirl »

Offline Jcourt

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: November 30, 2021, 01:31:42 am »

If it’s truly an HSA it is not use it or lose it. It may be an FSA which is a little different…

Edit: sorry just seeing other replies 😀
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 01:34:28 am by Jcourt »

Offline Chris

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: November 30, 2021, 02:53:52 am »
We are the sickest country in the developed world—though the argument can be made that we are essentially a 3rd world oligarchy when judged from the quality of life of the majority of our citizens.
But we spend more per capita on healthcare than any other country in the world, so it has to be the best. That's how capitalism works, right?

And we're in a much better position now, but there was a time when my wife and I were both self employed and buying health insurance for the family on the open market. Our premiums were more than our mortgage.

That said, our son managed to incur approximately half a million dollars in total medical costs before his first birthday, so it was a relative bargain...

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: November 30, 2021, 06:54:49 am »
the argument can be made that we are essentially a 3rd world oligarchy when judged from the quality of life of the majority of our citizens.
I don't want to start a divisive argument here.  I love very deeply a lot of my American friends (and that includes a lot of you), but if I never go to a large American town again it'll be far too soon. The desperate plight of the homeless is something that any 1st world country should be deeply embarrassed about.  I find it tragic, appalling and jaw-droppingly uncomfortable in equal measures.
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Nkwkfld

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: November 30, 2021, 08:19:29 am »
Maybe the first/third or developing/developed world language has always been a bit off?