Hi, Guest

Author Topic: SHIPPING  (Read 91379 times)

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Re: SHIPPING
« Reply #480 on: August 29, 2020, 03:15:54 pm »
We have reworded the pop-up.  I think it is now 100% clear....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline alwaysbefading

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 29, 2020, 04:45:18 pm »
Thank you.   I've just been burned so many times with high customs charges.   I'll be ordering direct from you guys from now on

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 29, 2020, 05:13:13 pm »
That's great thanks.  We recognise that Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) are some of the most venal customs authorities in the world, so we wanted to take the additional aggravation and level of stress away from our Canadian customers.  That is why we do what we do....

UPS brokerage process the shipment on behalf of CBSA and than charge us.  This also means that shipments do not get held up, whilst waiting for charges to be paid because the charges just get added to our UPS account.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 05:18:06 pm by Giles »
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline teddyjay

• Haraki-san Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 30, 2020, 12:47:37 am »
Hi @Giles,
I don’t think there’s an issue with the wording.  It’s just hard to believe that all customs fees are included in the price!  Especially with UPS- Their brokerage fees are ridiculous.  I’m forever buying all my IH gear straight from the source!

Offline Snowy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 30, 2020, 02:16:14 am »
Maybe it could have an addition sentence, along the lines of 'yes it's true, Iron Heart will pick up the tab to make sure there's no cross border customs fees' or something like that.

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 30, 2020, 07:07:31 am »
It does now.....

Offline Snowy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 30, 2020, 12:28:41 pm »
<3

Offline louisbosco

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 18, 2020, 06:42:39 pm »
is there another option for shipping to rest of the world? does the fedex alternative still exist?

UPS still hasn't taken their usual route of which means parcels get routed the longer way through Europe then to the USA (Kentucky and Hawaii) and to SYD before PER. It also adds on a week to 2 weeks to the time taken before it gets to West Aus. The usual route goes through Germany, China, Singapore and down the west coast of Australia which is way quicker. i'm not sure how long this will last depending on their flight operations..
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 06:45:22 pm by louisbosco »
"Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."
- Harvey Specter

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 18, 2020, 06:53:14 pm »
It does not I am afraid.  It costs us about 3x as much to ship Fedex, TNT or DHL, than it does with UPS......

Offline louisbosco

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 19, 2020, 02:09:53 am »
ahh that's fair.. thought i remember a couple years ago that fedex was an option.. dropped them completely?
"Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."
- Harvey Specter

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 19, 2020, 07:27:48 am »
Completely dropped.  We have tried them all now.  UPS has a few faults, but overall, for how we use them, they completely piss over any of the other big names both in cost and service, not just in terms of exports, but imports too....
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 07:31:02 am by Giles »

Offline louisbosco

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 20, 2020, 01:56:16 pm »
thanks G
- Harvey Specter