Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Random questions to which you seek an answer  (Read 1226765 times)

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Re: Random questions to which you seek an answer
« Reply #13110 on: August 07, 2019, 06:22:51 pm »
can someone explain sonder supplies to me?

is it an extension of your business (not iron heart) that's meant to seperate other brands that you choose to carry or is it totally different and run, owned and operated by someone else?

I'm assuming it's an extension of the business to carry 3rd party goods, especially since it has its own sub-forum.
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-19

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #13111 on: August 07, 2019, 06:44:07 pm »
can someone explain sonder supplies to me?

is it an extension of your business (not iron heart) that's meant to seperate other brands that you choose to carry or is it totally different and run, owned and operated by someone else?
It's run by us, Is owned by us, and is a vehicle to sell stuff that we personally really like that may or may not sit 100% comfortably on the Iron Heart website......
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Stuart.T

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #13112 on: August 07, 2019, 07:39:08 pm »
@gaseousclay sorry for the late response dude. I've bought a couple of tshirts from Earache but not for a good few years. I had Morbid Angel and Entombed shirts and they were Gildan soft style. The sizing was erratic, large being too small and x large being to big and flared.

As for print, the quality is exceptional. I haven't bought a band t-shirt for sometime now, the last one was an Incantation shirt fro. Relapse. That was exceptional quality... And I'm going to see them live on Saturday, so no doubt I'll buy a shirt then!

Offline Dion

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #13113 on: August 07, 2019, 07:40:08 pm »
So Sonder Supplies ships from Gosport as well or only from the US?

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #13114 on: August 07, 2019, 07:50:37 pm »
Gos Vegas for the win....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #13115 on: August 07, 2019, 09:08:52 pm »
@gaseousclay sorry for the late response dude. I've bought a couple of tshirts from Earache but not for a good few years. I had Morbid Angel and Entombed shirts and they were Gildan soft style. The sizing was erratic, large being too small and x large being to big and flared.

As for print, the quality is exceptional. I haven't bought a band t-shirt for sometime now, the last one was an Incantation shirt fro. Relapse. That was exceptional quality... And I'm going to see them live on Saturday, so no doubt I'll buy a shirt then!

I’ll probably start with one tee and see how it fits. Thx for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-19

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #13116 on: August 08, 2019, 12:23:10 am »

I’m thinking of buying this Patagonia Atom Sling pack and was curious what your thoughts are? I like my Patagonia down jacket a lot and like their mission statement and that this pack is made from recycled materials. Only $59 too. I’m leaning heavily towards Patagonia but wanted to know if there were other companies out there you’d recommend? I take my son to the state fair every summer and this pack would be very functional for those occasions

WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-19

Offline Matty123

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #13117 on: August 08, 2019, 03:04:58 am »

I’m thinking of buying this Patagonia Atom Sling pack and was curious what your thoughts are? I like my Patagonia down jacket a lot and like their mission statement and that this pack is made from recycled materials. Only $59 too. I’m leaning heavily towards Patagonia but wanted to know if there were other companies out there you’d recommend? I take my son to the state fair every summer and this pack would be very functional for those occasions

While I’m not a fan of sling packs, I am a huge fan of Patagonia. I have the 25L black hole day pack. It’s the best day pack I’ve ever had.
Maybe so. Maybe not

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #13118 on: August 08, 2019, 07:46:07 pm »

While I’m not a fan of sling packs, I am a huge fan of Patagonia. I have the 25L black hole day pack. It’s the best day pack I’ve ever had.

I was mainly interested in something compact. I used to carry a backpack around with me at the fair and that got a little annoying over the course of 4-5 hours of walking around.

WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-19

Offline DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #13119 on: August 08, 2019, 10:40:20 pm »
How heavy is your load going to be?

My main gripe about these packs is a single shoulder backpack starts to wear on that shoulder after awhile. A two shoulder can be a one shoulder or a two shoulder and you can change from right to left if one starts to get raw.
I know violence is not the answer, I got it wrong on purpose

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #13120 on: August 09, 2019, 02:31:22 am »
How heavy is your load going to be?

My main gripe about these packs is a single shoulder backpack starts to wear on that shoulder after awhile. A two shoulder can be a one shoulder or a two shoulder and you can change from right to left if one starts to get raw.

Not very heavy....under 5 lbs. In the past I would carry some spare clothing for my son, a water bottle and some snacks. This time I plan on reducing the load so that I’m carrying less, but have something compact to carry stuff like my wallet, keys and snacks/water. The back pack I’ve been using, while not uncomfortable, still felt cumbersome. I just want something smaller

WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-19

Offline DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #13121 on: August 09, 2019, 09:20:28 am »
Yeah, I get it. Should work ok.

I keep one of these in my glovebox for when I get "Granddoug I want to go (insert random request from a 4 year old here)"

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AIVT2AE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Been thinking of getting one of these for padding around Vegas/spelunking with the dogs. I have one of their chest packs and I'm pretty impressed with it's build quality

https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/3/ProductID/8

« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 09:28:35 am by DougNg »
I know violence is not the answer, I got it wrong on purpose

Offline Matty123

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #13122 on: August 09, 2019, 07:07:23 pm »
@DougNg that hill people bag is awesome
Maybe so. Maybe not

Offline Wlemon

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #13123 on: August 12, 2019, 01:31:05 am »
I'm looking to get a pair of engineer boots one of these days, but the jeans I have are a bit narrow at the opening for them. So, I was thinking about getting a pair from IH. What style do you all find works best for these types of boots?

Offline Jett129

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #13124 on: August 12, 2019, 03:59:44 am »
I think some of the lace up boots/shoes might work for you.