Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Random questions to which you seek an answer  (Read 1267776 times)

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Re: Random questions to which you seek an answer
« Reply #13275 on: October 18, 2019, 06:21:41 pm »
But I don't know what status the UK is considered now.
Nor do we.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline mikebarhoot

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #13276 on: October 18, 2019, 10:55:38 pm »
Austinians:  any places to look for gear/kit in Austin other than Stag?  taking the wife to a girly party in Lakeway tomorrow and looking for something to do in the “area”.

wouldnt be oppsed to meeting for a barley pop if anyone was so inclined either. supposed to be a b. e. a. utiful day.

Offline Omega Man

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #13277 on: October 20, 2019, 12:56:49 am »
Am I the only one who is having a connection problem on selected threads on the forum?
When I click onto General Chat, I get this https://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=4.0
When I click on News - The Flat Head - News, I can read it up to page three https://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=12816.30, but when I try to click page 4, I get this again https://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=12816.45.
The page says:    You have caught us with our pants down.  Bear with us while we tinker this site.
Not sure why, perhaps it has something to do with my computer.  I am using Google Chrome.  Thougths and remedies?

Update:  Everything seems to be working fine now. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 12:41:19 pm by Omega Man »

Online Jett129

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #13278 on: October 20, 2019, 01:22:04 am »
Not having any problems using Safari.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #13279 on: October 20, 2019, 01:28:39 am »
Not happening for me.  All OK....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Appfaff

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #13280 on: October 20, 2019, 05:04:23 am »
Austinians:  any places to look for gear/kit in Austin other than Stag?  taking the wife to a girly party in Lakeway tomorrow and looking for something to do in the “area”.

wouldnt be oppsed to meeting for a barley pop if anyone was so inclined either. supposed to be a b. e. a. utiful day.

Probably a day late with an answer but Service is another cool shop - I bought quite a few pieces from there back in the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Wlemon

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #13281 on: October 20, 2019, 05:53:47 pm »
Has anyone had their IH shirt "hemmed?" My wabash is is great but rather long. I wanted to see if it was possible to take it in.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #13282 on: October 20, 2019, 06:10:43 pm »
Take it a decent seamstress/tailor, should not be too problemattical.....

Offline Wlemon

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #13283 on: October 20, 2019, 06:38:33 pm »
Awesome. Thanks.

Online cityofdelusion

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13284 on: October 27, 2019, 03:47:09 pm »
I finally found someone selling a second hand IHSH-193 and I've been looking for it in size small for a long while...

It's in size M with the following measurements:

Shoulder width: 45cm
Chest width: 54cm
Legth from back: 75cm
Sleeve length: 65cm

I want to get 3cm shrinkage on all of those measurements. Is it possible to achieve that with a tumble dryer? I would periodically check to not over-shrink it. I would never do this to any of my other shirts but the IHSH-193 is an absolute favourite of mine so...

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13285 on: October 27, 2019, 03:57:17 pm »
Highly doubtful. They are once washed to remove shrinkage, and that will be an industrial wash. A full 90C wash followed by a tumble dry  *may* give you something, but it won’t be 3cm on all dims, and you risk damaging the fabric giving it that kind of treatment.

Online cityofdelusion

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13286 on: October 27, 2019, 04:10:01 pm »
Highly doubtful. They are once washed to remove shrinkage, and that will be an industrial wash. A full 90C wash followed by a tumble dry  *may* give you something, but it won’t be 3cm on all dims, and you risk damaging the fabric giving it that kind of treatment.
Ah, damn it... Thanks for the reply @neph93, I'll pass on purchasing it then.

Once again - RIP dreams of IHSH-193 :(

Offline Wlemon

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #13287 on: October 27, 2019, 04:30:18 pm »
If it's just 3 cm too big, I'm sure it would still look good on you. I don't think most people would be able to tell the difference between a shirt that's three centimeters too big.

Online cityofdelusion

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13288 on: October 27, 2019, 04:36:35 pm »
If it's just 3 cm too big, I'm sure it would still look good on you. I don't think most people would be able to tell the difference between a shirt that's three centimeters too big.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't mind what people think about me in that regard. It's actually due to the fact that I'm a short guy. I don't feel comfortable wearing something slightly larger than what I usually wear. That's why I'm quite pedantic when it comes to the measurements.

If the shirt were large on just one area, I'd perhaps give it a thought on having it professionally altered. However unfortunately it's all of the areas.

Offline Wlemon

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #13289 on: October 27, 2019, 05:00:18 pm »
Hey, I know that all too well. I recently bought a leather jacket that was a little too large. Everyone does not see that's it's about an inch too big in the chest except me.  :'(