Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Anyone here play video games?  (Read 90537 times)

Online gaseousclay

• 啓蒙家
  • all I know is pain
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone here play video games?
« Reply #1110 on: June 15, 2018, 03:30:08 pm »
Any of you own a Nintendo DS2? I was flirting with the idea of getting one for my son. But, i'm not sure I want him getting sucked into video games at the age of 5 and I also don't know that he has the dexterity to use a handheld. The DS2 is relatively inexpensive and something I could play but I don't know if there are any pros or cons to letting a 5 yo use one. If the DS2 has educational games I might be more inclined.
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue and green)
IHSH-107 red size L
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-86 green size XL

Offline louisbosco

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 16, 2018, 09:38:25 am »
at 5, he should be going out into the fields and rolling around in the mud with the other kids!! i never got a gameboy until i was about 10 or so..
"Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."
- Harvey Specter

Online gaseousclay

• 啓蒙家
  • all I know is pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 16, 2018, 03:34:34 pm »
at 5, he should be going out into the fields and rolling around in the mud with the other kids!! i never got a gameboy until i was about 10 or so..

I agree. He does spend a lot of times with friends and he's enrolled for t-ball this summer. The DS2 would be strictly for 'downtime' and of course, not something i'd let him play casually whenever he wants.
WTB:
IHSH-107 red size L
IHSH-86 green size XL

Offline louisbosco

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 16, 2018, 05:56:21 pm »
my "parenting ideas" or whatever you wanna call it, is that kids at that age should be watching telly or what not to aid in their progression. i'm sure games will most likely not fall into that category unless of course, and i'm sure, that nintendo has quite a few enriching games.

but given this age and technology, it'll also be stupid on the otherhand to raise them according to the methods that we, ourselves, have been raised.
"Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."
- Harvey Specter

Offline Cole

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 16, 2018, 09:31:09 pm »
I‘m a gamer and I have been a hardcore gamer back in the day when I was studying (without Anarchy Online, Everquest 2, Star Wars Galaxys and WoW I would have finished at least 1,5 years sooner I guess). My kids (8 and 6) rarely play computer games. My daughter has the same tendency to play to much as I had and it allways ends in drama when it is time to finish.

They can both use the tablet and know how to operate Netflix, but in my opinion at that age it if by far more important to leave the house and play and experience the real world around them. They catch enough knowledge of modern technology in daily live and once they get older I‘ll have an eye on them that they keep play time limited to a reasonable amount of time.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
WTB:
IHSH-87 XL
IHE-13

Offline Steffen

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 27, 2018, 10:42:28 am »
I bought, because of the Steam Sale and the nearing Release of Fallout 76, Fallout 4 GOTY and ive basiclly been doing nothing else then playing Fallout ever since, I know I am late but that Game is just awesome, imagening that Game with a Coop Option is awesome.

Online gaseousclay

• 啓蒙家
  • all I know is pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 27, 2018, 08:51:34 pm »
I‘m a gamer and I have been a hardcore gamer back in the day when I was studying (without Anarchy Online, Everquest 2, Star Wars Galaxys and WoW I would have finished at least 1,5 years sooner I guess). My kids (8 and 6) rarely play computer games. My daughter has the same tendency to play to much as I had and it allways ends in drama when it is time to finish.

They can both use the tablet and know how to operate Netflix, but in my opinion at that age it if by far more important to leave the house and play and experience the real world around them. They catch enough knowledge of modern technology in daily live and once they get older I‘ll have an eye on them that they keep play time limited to a reasonable amount of time.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I ended up buying a Nintendo DS2 yesterday for my boy, but mainly for me to play  ;) With that said, I told him he couldn't play it whenever he wanted, not to mention he lacks the manual dexterity necessary to play games (like Mario Kart). First thing he asked when he woke up this morning was, "dad, can I play a game?" My answer, NO.
WTB:
IHSH-107 red size L
IHSH-86 green size XL

Offline Filthy

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 21, 2018, 02:24:50 am »
There are authentic Harleys in the REmake 2.

"IMG_20180720_212321.jpg"
Please tag me @Filthy if you respond or wish to get my attention. I don't read every post here.

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • Geo's Barkeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 22, 2018, 07:03:16 pm »
Playing SKYRIM thinking it might cool me down a bit... Nope...

"IMAG2499_1_1_1_1.jpg"

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • Geo's Barkeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 09, 2018, 03:13:05 pm »
Got these for 25€.

"P1180027.JPG"

Offline manufc10

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 09, 2018, 10:06:33 pm »
Only a few months away.

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • Geo's Barkeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 16, 2018, 02:15:23 pm »
Horizon Zero Dawn is epic fun... Mix of The Witcher and Far Cry... Stunning graphics... Pick it up for cheap!..