Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Red Wing Shoes  (Read 593643 times)

Offline Special_K

• Haraki-san Student
    • View Profile
Re: Red Wing Shoes
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 10:55:26 pm »
Damn, I still need to pick up my pair of 875's.
Here Comes The Rooster...

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline ALEX1976

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 02:20:35 pm »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Daveo

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 03:57:49 am »
Everyone needs some 875s in their stable!  I'll try to grab some pics of mine this weekend.  They're on their second set of soles and they are my favorite pair of boots by far. 

Offline nixage

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 07:31:50 pm »
I've got a pair of GTs in black and Iron Rangers in Amber.  Love both of them. 

REI has some great deals on some RWs right now:

http://www.rei.com/search?cat=8000&cat=4501288&jxBrand=Red+Wing&hist=cat,4501288:Casual+Footwear^jxBrand,Red+Wing

Offline ALEX1976

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 10:34:39 am »
 ;)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

stewart

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 04:11:46 pm »
just ordered some dark brown Mens Briar Oil `8138 - Classic Work Moc Toe` boots for the winter....can't wait to get on with a pair of IH jeans.

Offline xallanx

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 06:42:28 am »
Thinking about getting the RW 9014 Beckman boot, black.  Anybody have them?  Thoughts, especially vs. Iron Ranger?
I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear.

Offline FurattoHeddo

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 10:31:14 am »
I'm thinking about purchasing the classic 875 work boot, how do these size? I'm normally a size 46 (EURO).
"Don't ever be sorry"

Offline hectic

• 見習いボス
  • The Real Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 11:01:23 am »
@ Furatto - I take a EURO 46 normally (sometimes a 47), and I take a US12 (UK11) in Redwing.

Offline Chris

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 04:58:18 pm »
Can't give you any firsthand knowledge, but I've been considering both the Beckman and the Iron Ranger, myself.  I like the sole of the Beckman better; the lugs seem like they'll give better traction, but I love the cap toe of the IR.  If I could get the Beckman sole on the IR, I'd be set.  I've even played with the idea of getting the IRs and immediately getting them resoled, despite the additional cost.

I think the Beckman is a tad more refined looking, so if you want a slightly dressier boot, go with that one.  Otherwise, I say get the IRs.

Offline Katsushin

• Iron Heart Deity
  • If do right, no can defense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 05:11:42 pm »
I'm thinking about purchasing the classic 875 work boot, how do these size? I'm normally a size 46 (EURO).

I wear a 10.5 US in almost everything and a 10 in these.
I'd also mention checking out the 1907 model.  Same design but nicer leather IMO and no glaring logo on the side...
I've worn mine almost daily for 2 years and I couldn't reccomend them enough.

Offline xallanx

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 08:42:02 pm »
Can't give you any firsthand knowledge, but I've been considering both the Beckman and the Iron Ranger, myself.  I like the sole of the Beckman better; the lugs seem like they'll give better traction, but I love the cap toe of the IR.  If I could get the Beckman sole on the IR, I'd be set.  I've even played with the idea of getting the IRs and immediately getting them resoled, despite the additional cost.
Thanks for the input!

I think the Beckman is a tad more refined looking, so if you want a slightly dressier boot, go with that one.  Otherwise, I say get the IRs.
I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear.

Offline nixage

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 09:34:06 pm »
Thinking about getting the RW 9014 Beckman boot, black.  Anybody have them?  Thoughts, especially vs. Iron Ranger?

I own both and here's what I think:  Initially, I really liked the Beckman better.  I thought it was nicer looking (no cap toe) and the lugged sole was nice, especially with the brown leather showing.  The toe on these is lined with leather, the rest of the boot is not lined.  The Iron Ranger is actually more comfortable due to the rubber/cork ('ish) sole.  It's smooth though so will not be good in the winter.  The leather seems to be a bit nicer on the IR as well.  Awesome smell.  There's also a lining on the toe of the IR, but it seems to be some tough cloth.  It also seems to be glued on, so if it ever were to wear off, I don't see it as a problem.  I now prefer the IR, due to it's comfort and the nicer leather.  Oh, and I've gotten used to the cap toes and actually prefer them now.  go figure.

Offline Katsushin

• Iron Heart Deity
  • If do right, no can defense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2010, 02:16:12 am »
How do you ever break anything in if you're always getting new stuff?
Sort of a journey not the destination thing? ;)