See product in shop
Hi, Guest

Author Topic: IH-777N - 17oz Selvedge Denim Super-Slim Tapered Cut Jeans - Natural Indigo  (Read 10877 times)

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Probably slightly less breathable...Fades really great given time.
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
Very different denim. The 17oz is crisper, tighter, slightly textured too. As G says, the fades are ace.

Online Alex

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile

Offline Sam

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
In the wild
Sam wears a tag 32

"1--9.jpg"

"1-29405.jpg"
Insta - @braveinthefaceoflasers

Offline manufc10

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
These look so good to me and I don't know why this fabric seems to fly under the radar.  I'm glad to see a restock on these and I still plan on picking up a pair in the future. 

Offline JES600

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
I'm really liking my 777S-21 jeans. At this point, they're my favorite jeans ever. The fit, the texture, the color. I'm thinking I'd like another 777 cut.

Question for those familiar with both materials: Would this 17oz material be a good contrast to the 21oz? Is it dramatically different? How about stretch - similar?

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
It's similar but noticeably lighter.  Similar stretch, possibly a tad less...
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Online Jett129

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
And that slight decrease in the weight of the fabric makes them a great Summer/warm weather jean.

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile

Question for those familiar with both materials: Would this 17oz material be a good contrast to the 21oz? Is it dramatically different? How about stretch - similar?

They are both indigo denim designed by the same guy so dramatic difference is relative. But sure they are quite different given the narrowness of the comparison.

The 17oz has a tighter weave, and does not stretch with the same ease. It is drier and thinner to the hand, the indigo seems thicker and darker. The fading and wear is different too.

I had to sell me 555N as the waist was too big for me but I seem to remember that with wear the denim becomes neppy which was mental because it starts out very uniform, smooth and flat, but it develops a great character.

I enjoyed it a lot for the time I owned a pair.

Offline JES600

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
Thanks to all for the quick and informed responses.

@Giles I'll send a message about sizing. Does organic cotton differ from non-organic in terms of form and function?

@Jett129 I was thinking that as well. It can get pretty warm here in Michigan. I'm not against shorts, but in A/C environments I prefer jeans.

@neph93 Great answer, especially about the narrowness of comparison. I have jeans from another manufacturer that fit very close to these and I like them a lot too. They are truly dramatically different (slubby and rough). I'm still interested in the IH family though, just a different family member.

Your comment about the denim evolving and becoming neppier is very interesting. By drier, do you also mean crisper? The thicker indigo will get me in trouble. I already got scolded for transferring indigo from my new 21 oz jeans from my bare legs to the bed sheets lol.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Does organic cotton differ from non-organic in terms of form and function?

Not materially.....(pun intended)

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
IH-777N - 17oz Selvedge Denim Super-Slim Tapered Cut Jeans - Natural Indigo
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2020, 05:02:37 pm »
I don’t  really do much denim outside of IH and I have, or have had, most of them. Never have I bought a new IH denim and thought «oh shit, these are too similar to that other IH denim». But Haraki-san is not a fan of slub, and likes an even hand, so there often some similarities. Otherwise weight, hand, fading, pattern etc are all pleasingly different from denim to denim.

Offline JES600

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
Some photos comparing unworn 777N and 777S-21 worn daily for three weeks. Definitely different. I like the 777N. It's exactly what I wanted, which is a contrast to the 777S-21 with the same fit. I really like the deeper richer indigo.

The last photo is a bit blurry, but it shows the hairiness, as well as the beginnings of fade along the pocket stitching of the 777S-21.

"20200428_093413.jpg"

"20200428_093525.jpg"

"20200428_093447.jpg"

"20200428_093627.jpg"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 05:35:45 pm by JES600 »

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
^ Well done that man. If these ever come in the 888 I’ll bag a pair.

Offline JES600

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
I couldn't find this answered elsewhere. Why no lined rear pockets on this model? I really don't mind. Just curious.