Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Random Rants  (Read 650405 times)

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
Re: Random Rants
« Reply #9975 on: February 07, 2019, 01:00:31 am »
Sorry @Clint_D

Our mailman is really unreliable. Some days we get mail in the early afternoon, some days we get it at 10PM. I frequently get neighbor email at the right address but wrong street, as though he can't read. It worries me that we miss out on a lot of items, as my neighbors may not be as good about re delivering as I am.
Think it, be it.

Offline Filthy

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #9976 on: February 07, 2019, 02:02:30 am »
Well, USPS strikes again.  I've got another lost package, this time from Germany.  I'm now sitting at roughly $1500 worth of goods in limbo which USPS has misplaced and has yet to find within the last 2 months...

Oh man, I would be livid.  You said strikes again... this has happened before? I'd get a friend to send me a GPS tracker in a box marked from Rolex or something high end and get some vigilante justice.

Offline Clint_D

• Iron Heart Deity
  • IH Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9977 on: February 07, 2019, 12:23:03 pm »
I had a box of goods from Japan that has been floating around somewhere between US Customs and some post office somewhere.  It should have been delivered shortly after Christmas but it still shows up in USPS's system as "In Transit to Next Facility".

Our personal mailman is awesome, he's super predictable and goes out of his way to help me out regularly.  I just don't understand how my international packages keep ending up in the USPS Twilight Zone. 

I've filed both packages as "Missing Mail" but haven't received any further correspondence other than USPS letting me know that they've received my inquiry.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:24:59 pm by Clint_D »

Offline UnTucked

• Mod Squad
  • UnTucked Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9978 on: February 07, 2019, 12:39:11 pm »
Our repeat offender here is Hermes... It's to the point that if we see a webshop uses Hermes for shipping, we just don't bother ordering from them.

The last incident, they delivered the package to the wrong address... I know that because they take a pic of the delivery, and the flat that they took a picture of wasn't ours. I contacted customer service, and they asked me "HOW do you know it's not your flat?"... I mean, aside from being the wrong color door, wrong color hardware, etc..... Then the customer service rep goes on to tell me that the driver annotated upon delivery that the location the package was dropped at was not the correct address, because the GPS couldn't find our address... but, we still need to contact the company that we ordered from for restitution because Hermes isn't liable to the receiver.....
In search of:
IHJ-30, med.
IHV-03, med.

Offline BloodnThunder

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
    • Preferential Treatment
« Reply #9979 on: February 07, 2019, 02:30:06 pm »
Our repeat offender here is Hermes... It's to the point that if we see a webshop uses Hermes for shipping, we just don't bother ordering from them.

The last incident, they delivered the package to the wrong address... I know that because they take a pic of the delivery, and the flat that they took a picture of wasn't ours. I contacted customer service, and they asked me "HOW do you know it's not your flat?"... I mean, aside from being the wrong color door, wrong color hardware, etc..... Then the customer service rep goes on to tell me that the driver annotated upon delivery that the location the package was dropped at was not the correct address, because the GPS couldn't find our address... but, we still need to contact the company that we ordered from for restitution because Hermes isn't liable to the receiver.....

This would make me come unglued.  "How do you know it's not your flat?"!

Offline Filthy

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #9980 on: February 07, 2019, 07:17:18 pm »
@Clint_D I would definitely contact the postal inspector.

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9981 on: February 07, 2019, 08:35:24 pm »
Our repeat offender here is Hermes... 

That's funny--I once received a mis-delivered package from them. I took it to the intended destination. The party presumably never knew...
Think it, be it.

Offline nurunuru

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9982 on: February 08, 2019, 12:45:20 am »
Spend all day at home to be here to sign for when the IH package arrives.  Watch the UPS truck crawl around the online map, slowly working its way towards my neighbourhood.  In the meantime, receive a package from FedEx truck in very timely manner with no problems.  Continue to watch UPS truck on online map slowly working its way around.  See it's gotten to within a few blocks.  Check again a bit later and see it's now well on the way out of my neighbourhood.  Get an update--with zero apology or explanation--that delivery is now scheduled for tomorrow.

Unreliable Putzy Service.

First World problems  :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 12:47:19 am by nurunuru »

Offline gaseousclay

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #9983 on: February 11, 2019, 03:39:24 pm »
Got an email from Denimio stating that my transaction points are set to expire in 4 days (of which I have 1400). I ordered from them once about 2 yrs ago and haven't ordered anything since, mainly because their physical stock availability sucks. In any case, I received the same email as above about a year ago stating that my transaction points were to expire unless I used them right away. Obviously a dodgy way for them to try and get sales from previous customers.  ???
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-196 size L

Offline beautiful_FrEaK

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #9984 on: February 12, 2019, 09:24:19 am »
At least you get an email warning you...and somehow you still have the points.
I never got a mail and my points are also gone  :D

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • Notorious B.E.R.K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9985 on: March 06, 2019, 01:44:52 pm »
Motherflippin Bpost (Belgian mail company)...

Addy on box

SMATCH TAV ELI LYBEERT
KLEINE DAM 3
9160 LOKEREN
BELGIUM

What they entered into the system once customs were finished going through three glasses and one shirt for 5 days:

ELI LYBEERT
DAM 3 KLEINE
Belgium

Delivered at:

ANDY VAN BRUSSEL
DAM 3
9160 EKSAARDE

I mean...
Do not write in this space.

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • Notorious B.E.R.K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9986 on: March 06, 2019, 01:53:38 pm »
My brother's who's home sick, is willing to go fetch it with me, thank fuck.

Never, ever using Bpost again.

Offline DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #9987 on: March 06, 2019, 03:49:13 pm »
You have a nice brother, Andy
I know violence is not the answer, I got it wrong on purpose

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • Notorious B.E.R.K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9988 on: March 06, 2019, 03:50:37 pm »
He knows.

Offline Chris

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9989 on: March 07, 2019, 12:28:59 am »
One more stop and it would have been delivered to Jean Claude Van Damme in Brussels...