Hi, Guest

Author Topic: New York January 2019 - Liberty Fairs  (Read 3951 times)

Offline louisbosco

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
Re: New York January 2019 - Liberty Fairs
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2019, 10:19:53 am »
how much luggage do you travel with?!?!?!   ??? ???
"Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."
- Harvey Specter

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2019, 11:29:00 am »
All the FW19 samples, a bag of OGL samples, a bag of Faith samples one of each of our constant items, plus our own personal stuff.

There was no time to ship everything we need to show, in the time between Selvedge Run and Liberty Fairs, so we had to fly with it.
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Madame Buttonfly

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2019, 11:32:21 am »
Because of Selvedge Run, all the F/W collection and other stuff we're showing at Liberty Fairs had to be brought over with us, there was no time between shows to ship.  So we made full use of our combined baggage allowance of 10 hold bags, plus a fair amount of hand luggage.  The missing bag was delivered to our room around 9:30pm last night, Giles and I were in bed fast asleep!

Meeting for breakfast in a couple of hours before we head off to set up the show, no sign yet of the snow that has been threatened.

;D

AKA Mrs G AKA Blanket Gollum

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2019, 11:41:50 am »
...no sign yet of the snow that has been threatened....

The snow got lost as well and was delivered to the wrong address 3000km to the east...

Offline louisbosco

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2019, 02:46:00 pm »
nice. i suppose with the additional allowances you guys get, it's sounds pretty alright. it's only the hassle of getting about with the luggage. hope you make @AdamJ do some work.  :D :D
"Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."
- Harvey Specter

Offline Mustafa911

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2019, 03:18:55 pm »
Because of Selvedge Run, all the F/W collection and other stuff we're showing at Liberty Fairs had to be brought over with us, there was no time between shows to ship.  So we made full use of our combined baggage allowance of 10 hold bags, plus a fair amount of hand luggage.  The missing bag was delivered to our room around 9:30pm last night, Giles and I were in bed fast asleep!

Meeting for breakfast in a couple of hours before we head off to set up the show, no sign yet of the snow that has been threatened.

;D
Yes , poor forecasting , last night people were buying salt like a bread !! I used  three bags of salt .  So happy that we dodged the storm in NY-NJ area.

Don’t forgot to bundle up tomorrow.
Supposed to be very cold day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2019, 05:41:47 pm »
"IMG_3001.JPG"
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline emceeQ

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2019, 12:19:39 am »
no sign yet of the snow that has been threatened.

Got a couple feet just a few hours north of the city.  Tried to get some time away from the brewery this week to bop into the city, but couldn't make it work...

Enjoy NYC all!...

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2019, 10:20:18 am »
No snow here.....

Offline Madame Buttonfly

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2019, 11:07:00 am »
nice. i suppose with the additional allowances you guys get, it's sounds pretty alright. it's only the hassle of getting about with the luggage. hope you make @AdamJ do some work.  :D :D
Yeah, it was a bit of a pain but @Alex is capable of carrying at least 4 bags on his own and @AdamJ is another strong young man so we did fine.  The youngsters are looking after us! Every time we stopped it was like being on a school trip but instead of counting kids we were counting bags to make sure nothing got left behind! 

G and I have extra luggage allowance because of our BA club status, so we are taking 6 bags home when we leave on Wednesday, that will be fun!  ???

Showtime soon, the venue is easy walking distance, it's freezing cold here but fortunately we have no shortage of heavy clothes to layer up in  ;D

AKA Mrs G AKA Blanket Gollum

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2019, 05:24:56 pm »
"IMG_3005.JPG"

"IMG_3006.JPG"

Offline BloodnThunder

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
    • Preferential Treatment
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2019, 05:26:50 pm »
Is that white shirt a UHF?!

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2019, 05:26:59 pm »
Ummmm.... what are those hickory trousers with the denim pocket??? They are potentially semi inducing.

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2019, 05:27:45 pm »
The white and black bottom left? Yes it is.

Offline BloodnThunder

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
    • Preferential Treatment
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2019, 05:30:20 pm »
The white and black bottom left? Yes it is.

Sold!  Sold!  Sold!