Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Ask Giles Anything  (Read 36893 times)

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Giles Anything
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2021, 07:39:16 am »
When I first started working with Haraki, the largest size he made in tops was XL....I've been pushing the sizing boundaries ever since
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Palmer

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2021, 07:50:32 am »
When I first started working with Haraki, the largest size he made in tops was XL....I've been pushing the sizing boundaries ever since

And for that I owe you a debt of gratitude.

Offline vaquero357

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2021, 02:44:09 pm »
...I'm with @Palmer! Feel very fortunate that I'm right at the cusp on this sizing subject! ;)

...and with that being said @Palmer is my direct competition now on who gets to the limited items being offered! Like a damn game show, who clicks the 'BUY' button first! :o :D

...all good and it makes it kind of fun and interesting. Psychologically speaking when there's just 'one' sitting there available it does a real number on me! :D

...thanks Giles!
"When the last light warms the rocks and rattlesnakes unfold, mountain cats will come and drag away the bones" THF

Offline steelworker

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2021, 10:42:03 pm »
And part of the reason I glommed onto IH. Other brands' size XL were M to my mind.
And the unsinged, uncalendered, unsized, unanything was interesting. Little did I know... :-*
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...
Well, I have others.

Offline Palmer

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2021, 11:20:58 pm »
...I'm with @Palmer! Feel very fortunate that I'm right at the cusp on this sizing subject! ;)

...and with that being said @Palmer is my direct competition now on who gets to the limited items being offered! Like a damn game show, who clicks the 'BUY' button first! :o :D

...all good and it makes it kind of fun and interesting. Psychologically speaking when there's just 'one' sitting there available it does a real number on me! :D

...thanks Giles!

Totally agree. Sometimes I'll agonize for weeks over the last item in stock.

Offline vaquero357

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2021, 03:30:33 am »
...it's like 'would somebody just buy the damn thing!!!'. :D
"When the last light warms the rocks and rattlesnakes unfold, mountain cats will come and drag away the bones" THF

Offline LewisStonehouse

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2021, 07:22:23 pm »
@Giles what's your favourite idea you've had that Haraki has refused to do? The one that got away kind of thing

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2021, 07:27:44 pm »
Until I see it, I am suspicious that although he said yes, he meant FFS fuck off....

The denim pullover shirt.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline LewisStonehouse

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2021, 07:35:12 pm »
Ah yes, remember spotting that and the story of repeatedly asking Haraki. Looks amazing. Thanks for that, and an excellent thread  :)

Offline goosehd

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2021, 04:02:57 pm »
When a new collection is planned (example F/W 21), at what point (timeframe) have you committed to the numbers for sale?  and say that you’ve committed to 100 UHF’s in green, but 5 months before release/delivery you decide you need more, can you adjust the numbers?

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2021, 04:08:03 pm »
Nope we commit months ago.....

If an item is a Japanese release (and 50% of the UHF's are not for eg), and they dont sell fast in Japan, we can sometimes do a Hachioji raid....

Offline goosehd

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2021, 04:14:07 pm »
Thanks G.  So when do you start planning a collection (9-10 months - shorter/longer) for each season?

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 26, 2021, 04:19:05 pm »
Alex and I start seeding ideas whenever we have flashes of brilliance  :D :D :D whenever we think of them.  Haraki starts the "formal" process the moment the previous collection has gone to production, so FW21 will have started being thought about in Oct/Nov 20.

The Fleece-lined type III. Alex and I thought about this probably 18 months ago and we have sampled it a couple of times, we decided to include it as part of the FW21 collection, it won't be released in Japan.

Offline goosehd

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 26, 2021, 04:31:51 pm »
So almost a year out.  You guys do a pretty good job of guessing how we'll react (although it's almost always like a pack of ravenous dogs) to the new releases.

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2021, 04:36:21 pm »
Well, that is very kind.  One of the discussions I have most with Alex, starts "how did we fuck the numbers on that so much....?"